The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Bring your comments, concerns and predictions here for the conference tournament which opens on Thursday. Lady Flames are #2 seed.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Not impossible but certainly a big challenge for LU. Central Arkansas (ranked 22 in the country) have the 2 best pitchers (ERA and Ks) in the conference - 39 wins between the 2 of them. Beaver is a Top 25 player (pitcher) on the NCAA POY watchlist. The way we've been playing/hitting gives us a great chance. Our pitching is not nearly as dominant as theirs but I'm optimistic. We'll have to beat them at least once.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Waiting for Ballcoach's scouting report. :fineprint
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Several individuals have told me, "get Central Arkansas out of their stadium and on a dirt/grass field, they're not same team, as they are at home". Personally I think they're a little overrated. If we go to DeLand, FL "to play", I think we bring the 🏆 to Lynchburg. I'll be very disappointed if we lose a game down there.
Cider Jim liked this
By Dalegarz1
We play Jacksonville State tomorrow at 10AM. Some stats on JSU:

31-20 record.
4 of the top 5 hitters have a BA over 300 with their top one hitting a shade under 400. She also leads the team is home runs (8). We can't let her beat us!
Top pitcher has an era in low 2's and is averaging just under a strikeout per inning.
We are the superior team but we have to come to play. I expect a fairly close game.
Baybird, ballcoach15 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
DStewart wrote: May 11th, 2023, 10:59 am Anyone aware of a listing that shows which games are televised and on which platform?
Normally on website link on Libertyflames.com.

This game against JSU is on ESPN3
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Forgive my ignorance as I’ve barely followed softball this year but if we don’t win the conference tourney are we in a good position for an at-large NCAA tourney bid?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
sorry 4-2. posting quick and knew we won by 2:)

Looks like CA will lose 1 game and head to loser's bracket!!!!

Go Flames.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
aredd33 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 1:08 pm Forgive my ignorance as I’ve barely followed softball this year but if we don’t win the conference tourney are we in a good position for an at-large NCAA tourney bid?
I think we're in, even if we don't win tournament. I've seen 2 or 3 projections that have us going to Georgia regional as the #2 seed in that Regional.
By Dalegarz1
UNA tomorrow in winners bracket championship. UNA stats below.

5 hitters have BA over 300 and 1 hitter is over 400!
2 main pitchers with very similar stats - era around mid 2's and averaging less than a strikeout per inning.
Big game!! We want to stay as the one who everyone else is chasing
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: May 12th, 2023, 8:05 am All of the ASUN softball tourney games are on ESPN+
And today's game is at 12:30. If you tune in, you might see Ballcoach in the stands wearing his red NASCAR headphones.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]