The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 10:00 pm LU gives one away. 7-5 final.
Were there LU errors involved, or just some timely clutch hitting by the Hokies?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 4th, 2023, 2:20 pm 2 outs, 2 strikes on a batter hitting below .190
Sounds like the visiting batter was more focused and had a will to win (over a team with a very high RPI). She should be congratulated rather than insulted by this "gave it away" attitude.
ATrain, Baybird liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
My 3 cents (inflation) Keeney's arm must be made out of rubber. Leads the nation in innings pitched and must be far ahead in pitches thrown given she goes 3-2 on most batters and they foul her off a lot. Lacks a put away pitch. Needs to develop a rise ball or change-up. Everything is in the same plane with the same speed. They definitely timed her up those last 2-3 innings. A lot of hits (10) and a lot of loud outs. Unfortunately, we don't have an Emily Kirby, a 1-2 punch like every other team seems to have, to come in once Keeney tires or bats get barreled up. I think she is averaging 125-130+ pitches each outing. I really feel for her. I sure hope Dot gets a pitcher here next year to help out. If we had that this year we would be in a better place record wise, for sure.
Dalegarz1, flamehunter, Baybird and 1 others liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 4th, 2023, 5:12 pm My 3 cents (inflation) Keeney's arm must be made out of rubber. Leads the nation in innings pitched and must be far ahead in pitches thrown given she goes 3-2 on most batters and they foul her off a lot. Lacks a put away pitch. Needs to develop a rise ball or change-up. Everything is in the same plane with the same speed. Beginning of the year she was 64-67 and now it's 61-63. They definitely timed her up those last 2-3 innings. A lot of hits (10) and a lot of loud outs. Unfortunately, we don't have an Emily Kirby, a 1-2 punch like every other team seems to have, to come in once Keeney tires or bats get barreled up. I think she is averaging 125-130+ pitches each outing. I really feel for her. I sure hope Dot gets a pitcher here next year to help out. If we had that this year we would be in a better place record wise, for sure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 4th, 2023, 9:52 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 10:00 pm LU gives one away. 7-5 final.
Were there LU errors involved, or just some timely clutch hitting by the Hokies?
Obviously the umpires
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The plate umpire was bad for BOTH teams. Seems as if he was guessing on every pitch thrown, as to whether it was a ball or strike. Except for 1 pitch, I thought he actually helped LU in late innings. The umpires did not cost us the game.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The concerns around our pitching, or lack thereof, are very concerning. I am thinking that coach Richardson expected more out of Emily Estroff than what she has provided. Our only 2 reliable pitchers right now are Bachman and Keeney. Estroff has shown that she is anything but reliable and the freshman has been a "no show".

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]