The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach is probably too busy dancing in the streets of Huntington to report this, but the Lady Flames upset #14th ranked Alabama on a neutral field on the campus of Marshall University.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/news/hud ... abama-5-3/
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 18th, 2023, 5:53 pm Ballcoach is probably too busy dancing in the streets of Huntington to report this, but the Lady Flames upset #14th ranked Alabama on a neutral field on the campus of Marshall University.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/news/hud ... abama-5-3/
Heard he stopped to repair a flat on his bike. He will probably report in soon.
Cider Jim, ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I ate at Jim’s Steak and Spaghetti
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My sources say that Ballcoach enjoyed a victory dinner at the BK on Route 60 in Huntington!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A few observations in Huntington yesterday:

Fans were arriving at 7:00 a.m. for a 1:00 p.m. game. Attendance was announced as 2768, at a stadium that seats 300. Most were in outfield area in folding chairs. Some were in back of pickup trucks in parking lot. (parking spaces sold for 75.00 in Club parking lot). Probably 200 fans stood in line, waiting for someone to leave, to be let in. Attendance inside stadium was capped at 400. I met one family that drove 7 hours from Pennsylvania to attend.
School divisions in WV and Kentucky let softball players out of class all day with an excused absence (educational opportunity) to attend the game.
With all the hoopla surrounding the game and Alabama, Liberty held their own, and played one of better games of the season. 2 of the 3 umpires were same ones we had for Stetson series last weekend.
I'd love to see Alabama softball come to Lynchburg for a game, along with Oklahoma.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, were most of the fans in Marshall green or Bama crimson?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 19th, 2023, 4:49 pm Ballcoach, were most of the fans in Marshall green or Bama crimson?
Marshall green by a slight margin probably. But a lot of kids were there to see Montana Fouts, were not wearing green or crimson.
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:13 pm
Cider Jim wrote: April 19th, 2023, 4:49 pm Ballcoach, were most of the fans in Marshall green or Bama crimson?
Marshall green by a slight margin probably. But a lot of kids were there to see Montana Fouts, were not wearing green or crimson.
You need to try local cuisine. Your man crush @Cider Jim recommended a tremendous restaurant that would have cost you less than $15 It was delicious
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:34 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 8:13 pm
You need to try local cuisine. Your man crush @Cider Jim recommended a tremendous restaurant that would have cost you less than $15 It was delicious
BK was on my way out of town. Jim's Steak was in opposite direction. Plus I was in a hurry, and went through drive thru at BK.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You had all day to eat there. Sounds like an excuse. They also had an old school root beer joint on your way out of town. Could have made time for that
Cider Jim liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I parked at 🥎 stadium about 7:10. No way was I going to move vehicle and lose the space. Plus there's a McDonald's, Wendy's and Arby's within a 3 minute walk from 🥎 stadium
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 11:21 pm Plus there's a McDonald's, Wendy's and Arby's within a 3 minute walk from 🥎 stadium
Ballcoach is the KING of fast food! You should have at least looked for a Gino's or a Stewart's in Huntington.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: April 20th, 2023, 4:19 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 19th, 2023, 11:21 pm Plus there's a McDonald's, Wendy's and Arby's within a 3 minute walk from 🥎 stadium
Ballcoach is the KING of fast food! You should have at least looked for a Gino's or a Stewart's in Huntington.
He’s scared to try new things. It’s ok
thesportscritic liked this
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]