The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By DStewart
I don't believe anyone can argue that a 1-9 record is ideal but does anyone feel that this early stretch will wind up benefitting the team as the season unfolds? They certainly held their own against some great teams.

Secondly, does anyone know how the media contracts work? In particular, I don't understand why Flo had seemingly exclusive access and now I'm seeing quite a few that will be on ESPN+....and a handful of others (like this weekend) that have nothing listed in terms of television.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UCLA beat Liberty 3-2. Last night this UCLA team beat #3 Florida 10-0, with same pitcher throwing a no hitter against Gators. We're not that far away. Just need to learn how to beat the UCLAs and Oklahomas .
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you are wanting to follow the Flames closely, an ESPN+ subscription is practically a must. You can usually bundle it with other Disney services to make it more palatable. You can then cancel once the season is over. Just a suggestion.

Austin-based Flosports used to be a track & field-only deal. But they are into everything these days picking up games that fall through the cracks of primary media deals. They are expensive but can hold you hostage if you crave certain events enough. Hoops fans might wind up seeing a familiar face there in the future.
Cider Jim liked this
By DStewart
Sly Fox wrote: February 24th, 2023, 10:04 am If you are wanting to follow the Flames closely, an ESPN+ subscription is practically a must.
I have it. Just frustrated more of their games aren't on it (like this weekend for instance).
By DStewart
ballcoach15 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:11 am UCLA beat Liberty 3-2. Last night this UCLA team beat #3 Florida 10-0, with same pitcher throwing a no hitter against Gators. We're not that far away. Just need to learn how to beat the UCLAs and Oklahomas .
Do you think the missing key is the mental part of the game? Specifically, believing they belong on the same field as the top 10 teams? I just wonder if some of the ladies, who will wind up having great years, have been pressing or just dealing with nerves early on.
By DStewart
Hope they build off today's win...and awesome job Keeney!

Not surprising to see that Howard is killing it and is playing the corner. But some of these averages need to go ⬆️

HOWARD .375
CRAINE .300
WILSON .241
SOTO .212
MADREY .208
GREEN .200
McMANUS .200
ROUPE .200
KERSTEN .182
BARRETT .176
HUDSON .171

⏫⬆️
ballcoach15, Dalegarz1 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
DStewart wrote: February 24th, 2023, 2:09 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:11 am UCLA beat Liberty 3-2. Last night this UCLA team beat #3 Florida 10-0, with same pitcher throwing a no hitter against Gators. We're not that far away. Just need to learn how to beat the UCLAs and Oklahomas .
Do you think the missing key is the mental part of the game? Specifically, believing they belong on the same field as the top 10 teams? I just wonder if some of the ladies, who will wind up having great years, have been pressing or just dealing with nerves early on.
Lack of clutch hitting was biggest downfall, in my opinion.
By Dalegarz1
I'm taking a road trip next weekend and really looking forward to watching the ladies twice on Friday and twice on Saturday. Hope we go 4-0 and I'll certainly give my humble observations after seeing them in person. Go Flames!
ballcoach15, DStewart liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
THose averages above are reflective of the caliber of pitching we have faced in this murderers row of early season opponents. I have full confidence that as our schedule comes back down to earth we will see a significant uptick in numbers.
DStewart liked this
By Ill flame
DStewart wrote: February 24th, 2023, 2:09 pm
We tend to always struggle against the top teams early in our schedule. We have the talent to keep games close but still have work to do to start winning those games. Hopefully the move to CUSA helps recruiting. I would argue the mental part of the game is one area that we do well in. Our conference record over the last two years is 39-3. Even the most talented teams overlook opponents on occasion and lose to teams they shouldn't, our softball program brings it every game.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I gotta believe if we had been able to bring one or two of the local area pitching stud-ettes to the mountain over the past couple of years it may have helped our cause in at least some of these early games. Eden Bigham at UVa in particular has been superb out of the gate. She threw a no-hitter in her collegiate debut and was named ACC pitcher of the week. She's also the daughter of one of the best ever to play for the lady Flames, which makes it sting a little bit more.
Dalegarz1, Baybird, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
By DStewart
flamehunter wrote:I gotta believe if we had been able to bring one or two of the local area pitching stud-ettes to the mountain over the past couple of years it may have helped our cause in at least some of these early games. Eden Bigham at UVa in particular has been superb out of the gate. She threw a no-hitter in her collegiate debut and was named ACC pitcher of the week. She's also the daughter of one of the best ever to play for the lady Flames, which makes it sting a little bit more.
Maybe she'll transfer back home :)
By Baybird
ASUN Softball Player of the Week
Rachel Roupe, Liberty
Sophomore | OF | Sharpsburg, Md.
- Third Career ASUN Player of the Week honor; 14th all-time award in Liberty program history
- Roupe made a major impact during Liberty's 4-0 week, batting .636 (7-for-11) with two doubles, one homer, five RBI, a .733 on base percentage and 1.091 slugging percentage
- Tied a program record by reaching base in 10 straight plate appearances and also provided two game-ending hits
- On Friday against Northern Illinois, she capped a six-run Liberty sixth inning, hitting a two-run homer to end the 8-0 win
- She reached base safely all five time up against 2022 C-USA Pitcher of the Year Sydney Nester of Marshall, batting 3-for-3 with a walk, HBP, double, two RBI And one run scored
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU swept its doubleheader, beating Iona (11-0) and UConn (3-0). Our game against Radford is Sunday.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

This right here. You think most of the out[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]