The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2022, 12:47 pm Paige Cassidy has been named pitching coach at Texas Tech.
This was pretty much just a question of time. I'll be interested to see if one of our former pitchers gets consideration for the job.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have heard from 2 sources who new pitching coach will be. It is not a former LU pitcher. I refrain from saying who, at this time.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 13th, 2022, 12:53 pm I have heard from 2 sources who new pitching coach will be. It is not a former LU pitcher. I refrain from saying who, at this time.
Hopefully it will be someone who can help recruit local high school all-American type talent.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I saw the girl from Appomattox on at least one list. The girl from Rustburg this year and JF last year were similar caliber.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 13th, 2022, 4:05 pm I saw the girl from Appomattox on at least one list. The girl from Rustburg this year and JF last year were similar caliber.
Both were rated in the top 15 pitchers in the country as seniors.
flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What were they as freshmen? Sophomores? I’m just saying. That’s the critical age for softball.

That said, do we know Dot chose not to sign them? Do we know they would’ve accepted an offer if Dot made one? Honest questions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 13th, 2022, 8:35 pm What were they as freshmen? Sophomores? I’m just saying. That’s the critical age for softball.

That said, do we know Dot chose not to sign them? Do we know they would’ve accepted an offer if Dot made one? Honest questions.
The girl from Appomattox had her heart set on UVA. I believe she is a walk on unless something changed. She’s a good kid who eats sleeps and dreams softball
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She should transfer to Liberty. (UVA will have too many pitchers, and only 1 ball) I hate it when good players leave the area, to go play for a lesser team.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 7:18 am She should transfer to Liberty. (UVA will have too many pitchers, and only 1 ball) I hate it when good players leave the area, to go play for a lesser team.
I thought you were the softball guru? She just graduated Appomattox and hasn’t played at UVA yet
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
So we need a new pitching coach and new pitchers for next season. Keeney and Jones are it unless staff thinks Bachman has a future as a D1 pitcher. Lost our #1, #3, and $4 pitchers. Left with the #2, #5, and #6 pitchers. New pitching coach will have her hands full when she arrives.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They could bring one back who is still coaching in the area. Actually there are 2 in the area but I only know of one putting on clinics and coaching
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 3:50 pm If we don't find a pitcher in the transfer portal, Bachman may be the key to the season.
I believe they are preparing Hailey Deter to be the left-handed pitcher. She redshirted last year. If we don't get someone in the portal akin to Julia DiMartino, it would be interesting to see how Bachman and Deter perform, and even Naomi Jones. Keeney would be the only experienced pitcher on the staff. The high profile games is where pitching is the key. It would be nice to get over the regional hump but that requires pitching at a much higher level.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy, you are correct. We got to have a pitcher that can beat SEC and ACC teams in Regional tournament.
I have heard from 2 sources who new pitching coach will be. I cannot post name, until it's officially announced.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 23rd, 2022, 8:01 pm Chippy, you are correct. We got to have a pitcher that can beat SEC and ACC teams in Regional tournament.
I have heard from 2 sources who new pitching coach will be. I cannot post name, until it's officially announced.
Does she have any eligibility left :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Since you can’t give us a name it really doesn’t matter
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's official, Kasey Fagan has been promoted to Associate Head Coach and pitching coach. Sami Fagan was promoted to assistant coach, and Emily Kirby is Volunteer Assistant Coach.

My sources were correct.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 3:39 pm It's official, Kasey Fagan has been promoted to Associate Head Coach and pitching coach. Sami Fagan was promoted to assistant coach, and Emily Kirby is Volunteer Assistant Coach.

My sources were correct.
Even if they weren’t you’d say they were. It’s not like we can double check or anything
thesportscritic liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]