The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My sources were told by JJ McCracken that LU's game must start by 10:59 in order for it to be played tonight. My source also said Ballcoach didn't know that, but McCracken was able to coach up the old man. :oldhag :blahblah
aredd33 liked this
By tyndal23
Enjoying penultimate sub g5 FBS ncaa tournament in softball late night vs Georgia - can’t wait until our CUSA status gets us in to better competition...
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open to watch this game. Georgia leads 3-2 after 4 innings.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:38 am I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open to watch this game. Georgia leads 3-2 after 4 innings.
How can the human siren McCracken not keep you awake? :dontgetit
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 1:15 am
SumItUp wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 12:38 am I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open to watch this game. Georgia leads 3-2 after 4 innings.
How can the human siren McCracken not keep you awake? :dontgetit
I thought that was Ballcoach.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
:clapping Congratulations to to Lady Flames for beating SEC Georgia once in the Regionals, but the LU softball season ended in the wee hours of the morning and is now OVER.

Now can we finally focus on the upcoming FOOTBALL season??? :fbplayer :football
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Focus on the incoming freshmen 🥎 class and any transfers that may be arriving in late August. Don't forget the fall softball season.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 1:52 am Another very good season comes to an end for the softball girls.

Georgia wins 7-2.
Good season. Gotta think Dot had to be little embarrassed by the performance, and even said so in one of her sideline interviews. Throwing the ball all over the field and swinging at pitches feet out of the strike zone. Duke and Georgia hitters had superior strike zone awareness, though thought Kirby got squeezed again, and neither Ga or Duke committed an error. We still need 2-3 better hitters and at least one dynamic pitcher next year to get over the regional hump. Hopefully a transfer because I don't see anyone our current group being a consistent shutdown pitcher that's why Kirby had to throw @ 300+ pitches. Keeney pitched a couple ineffective innings and Waggoner never saw the field. I didn't see any pitching recruits for next year. Hailey Deter redshirted this year, not sure if they intend on grooming her as a left-handed pitcher or an outfielder. We do have a good nucleus coming back, if Netto returns, since she has already graduated. Losing Allen and Kirby are huge.
Dalegarz1, ballcoach15 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 7:40 am :clapping Congratulations to to Lady Flames for beating SEC Georgia once in the Regionals, but the LU softball season ended in the wee hours of the morning and is now OVER.

Now can we finally focus on the upcoming FOOTBALL season??? :fbplayer :football
The guys are still swinging the bats
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Members of the Old Men's Club are having a major disagreement about whether Flame Fans should be pulling for UGA or Duke. What's the traditional logic in pulling for your opponents that beat you? Please advise.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 4:17 pm Members of the Old Men's Club are having a major disagreement about whether Flame Fans should be pulling for UGA or Duke. What's the traditional logic in pulling for your opponents that beat you? Please advise.
I'm pulling for Duke because:
1. My grandfather was treated for cancer there, and one of the first ever recipients of a bone marrow transplant as treatment for cancer.
2. It's closer to home than Athens, GA is.
3. It's an ACC team.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ATrain, your reasoning is more sound than Ballcoach's: he's pulling for Duke because of their HOT coach. He thinks she's the best looking college coach in America!!! :denied
By Ill flame
Cider Jim wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 5:39 pm ATrain, your reasoning is more sound than Ballcoach's: he's pulling for Duke because of their HOT coach. He thinks she's the best looking college coach in America!!! :denied
There are worse reasons to support a team
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was very disappointed with our hitting in Durham. We batted .180 as a team, only 2 extra base hits, and got shutout in 19 of 21 innings. We "looked at a lot of strikes" and swung at a lot of balls not in strike zone, especially low pitches. It almost seemed like every batter stepped into the batter's box with an 0-2 or 1-2 count on them. We never made adjustments.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
On a more positive note, I noticed that LU's 44 WINS were more that most of the teams who made the Super Regionals. :shock:

Only six teams with MORE wins are: Arkansas (47), Florida (46), VA Tech (45), Central Florida (49), Oklahoma (52), & UCLA (46).
ballcoach15 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BC, I agree. UGA had a lot more plate discipline than LU in that second game.

As for wins, when you play in the ASun…..
ballcoach15 liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]