The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ASUN tournament starts tomorrow, with the play-in games. Jacksonville State plays Lipscomb, with the winner playing North Alabama. Liberty will play winner of UNA-JSU/Lipscomb winner, on Thursday.

Hopefully we will take our "A" game to Florida. Keys for Liberty to win tournament: Cut down on errors, issuing walks, getting thrown out on base paths. Also need to be more aggressive at the plate.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Excited!!! Let's dominate in our last year in this conference...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 9th, 2022, 12:45 pm We still have another year in this conference unless something changed recently
"Not like"
ASUN conference gives LU softball the shaft, at every opportunity.

On a somewhat positive note, we ended regular season at #31 in RPI. The loss to Stetson didn't hurt us as bad as I thought it would. A good source told me over the weekend that we are safely in NCAA tournament even if we slip up and lose in ASUN tournament. The source predicts Duke Regional as #2 seed.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: May 9th, 2022, 12:45 pm We still have another year in this conference unless something changed recently
Stink... One can dream... ;)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: May 9th, 2022, 3:46 pm
Stink... One can dream... ;)
You’re a “forward thinker”!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jacksonville State and Kennesaw State win play in games. Both go extra innings.
JSU plays North Alabama today. Winner plays Liberty tomorrow.
Cider Jim liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
North Alabama beats Jacksonville State 6-3. It's Liberty vs UNA tomorrow. In other winner's bracket game it's North Florida vs Central Arkansas. Jax State and Kennesaw State meet in loser's bracket.
Cider Jim, Sly Fox liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 6 - 4. Survive and advance
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'm late posting on this one. I got tied up after the game. Had to "coach up" several people.

Not a pretty win, but a win is a win, especially come tournament time.
We need to lower pitch count and issue fewer walks. When we get ahead in count 0-2 and 1-2, we need to put hitters away, not allow them to extend the at bat
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 7:54 pm I'm late posting on this one. I got tied up after the game. Had to "coach up" several people.

We need to lower pitch count and issue fewer walks. When we get ahead in count 0-2 and 1-2, we need to put hitters away, not allow them to extend the at bat
So, did you find you a lady friend down at the tourney? Good for you.
JK37, thesportscritic liked this
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 7:54 pm I'm late posting on this one. I got tied up after the game. Had to "coach up" several people.

Watched it like I do all the others, leaving the comments to you BC since it’s your sport. I liked Dot’s postgame interview. Would love to see them here in OKC in a few weeks.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

You really should have a ‘safe word’.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Horrible announcers. Sheesh. We don't really care what you had for breakfast and Channel# 5. Morons.

BC, you need to go "coach up"those announcers.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames advance 9-1 in 6 innings, due to the slaughter rule. You could see Ballcoach seated slightly off center behind home plate with his red headphones on. I'm sure he'll be on later to breakdown the game for you. :oldhag
By Dalegarz1
We jumped on them early scoring 4 runs in both the first and second innings. Banged out 13 hits while only giving up 4. Only downside was the 3 errors we committed. On to the championship game tomorrow - televised on ESPN+. Go Flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
No walks by Kirby and Keeney. ( lot od 3-2 counts) Bachman had home run. 6 of our 9 runs were driven in by freshmen. 🥎
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The local paper says we are playing North Florida again in the championship game.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 14th, 2022, 6:19 am The local paper says we are playing North Florida again in the championship game.
Championship if we win. Second go round if we lose. Hopefully it won't come down to that. Let's run rule them again!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Timely hitting by Roupe. Love the aggressive base running to get third run. Now 5-0. Already ran their starter.
By Dalegarz1
It’s a toss up for air time between BC and JJ!
Weather delay in top of fifth with us ahead 9-0. Three outs and it’s over!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: May 14th, 2022, 2:59 pm It’s a toss up for air time between BC an d JJ!
But the announcers are ONLY talking about McCracken! :pbjtime vs. :oldhag

:oldhag
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]