The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are playing the 2nd ranked team in the nation, and #1 ranked RPI team, but board members are too dense, or incompetent to make comments on softball. :dontgetit
By Dalegarz1
Since our 0-6 start, we are 35-8. A lot of things have to happen in order for us to beat the Hokies.
1. Don't give up any unearned runs.
2. No free passes from the circle.
3. Execute on offense (move runners-timely hits when runners are in scoring position.
4. Get some "seeing eye hits".
5. Hope VT hitters hit a few line drives right at us.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:42 am Regular season ends this week at VT
Ballcoach doesn't provide a lot to details, but the game will be televised on the ACC Network at 5:00 TODAY (Tuesday, May 3):
channel 612 on DirecTV
channel 402 on Dish Network
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We are playing the 2nd ranked team in the nation, and #1 ranked RPI team, but board members are too dense, or incompetent to make comments on softball. :dontgetit
Golly. With posts like these is it any wonder?
Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 7:05 am
ballcoach15 wrote:We are playing the 2nd ranked team in the nation, and #1 ranked RPI team, but board members are too dense, or incompetent to make comments on softball. :dontgetit
Why don't you just go all the way and call us evil? That's what most left wingers do when someone doesn't agree entirely with their priorities.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 7:26 am
Purple Haize wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 7:05 am
Why don't you just go all the way and call us evil? That's what most left wingers do when someone doesn't agree entirely with their priorities.
Before I edited my post, it was worse than evil, but I decided I didn't want to spend time in "message board jail"
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, if you don't know the word "apathy," look it up on your phone. Study
ballcoach15 liked this
By Dalegarz1
Very curious decision by HCDR for our starting pitcher in arguably the biggest non-conference game of the season. She threw 12 pitches, 11 of which were balls. Two free passes and guess what-both scored!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Two separate rain/lightening delays made for a LONG game. I'm glad Ballcoach was there, but I was even more glad that I was home with my feet up watching the game on the ACC Network in my living room while I was eating a Mrs. Cider made BLT for dinner. :nod
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 9:36 pm Two separate rain/lightening delays made for a LONG game. I'm glad Ballcoach was there, but I was even more glad that I was home with my feet up watching the game on the ACC Network in my living room while I was eating a Mrs. Cider made BLT for dinner. :nod
Misogyny is alive and well. :D
By Dalegarz1
Good to see us score that many runs against a very skilled pitcher. Not good to see us give up so many runs! We need to sweep Stetson and win the ASUN Tourney!
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins game 2, 8-0 in 5 innings. Rachel Roupe had 2 HRs and 5 RBI. Lou Allan had HR. Wilson had triple and double. Griffin had rbi double.
Kirby pitched 3 hitter.
Devyn Howard made a diving catch down left field line, that would probably be play #1 on sportscenter, but game wasn't televised.

Liberty has now won 40 games for 5 straight seasons. The only other D1 teams that have won 40 games 5 straight seasons are Oklahoma and Florida State.
Baybird, Ill flame, Dalegarz1 and 1 others liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Ladies lose the regular season finale, 7-6. Three pitchers gave up 4 runs in the top of the 7th and the bats couldn't answer in the bottom of the inning. Other than losing the perfect conference record, the game had no bearing. Maybe better to get that out the way before the tournament starts.
Dalegarz1, Baybird liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:16 pm Stetson played to win, we just played. That's about all I can say.
Stetson has only one player in their lineup that can hurt you . . . . and she did. Shubert 2 HRs and 6 RBIs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:16 pm Stetson played to win, we just played. That's about all I can say.
Stetson has only one player in their lineup that can hurt you . . . . and she did. Shubert 2 HRs and 6 RBIs.
Waiting on ballcoach to tell us how they should have intentionally walked her every AB in 3...2...1.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 6th, 2022, 2:23 pm
Waiting on ballcoach to tell us how they should have intentionally walked her every AB in 3...2...1.
Or at least in her last at bat. Ballcoach said she was down 1-2 in the count when we gave up that grand salami. Crybaby
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think the PA announcer should probably share the burden for the loss. Those who were at the game will know what I'm talking about.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]