The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Final LU 8 #9 Duke 3. Kirby throws 4 hitter, allowing 1 earned run, with 9 Ks. Wilson 3-3. Machado and Soto had pinch hit RBI singles in 5 run 6th inning. Canetto 2-3.

Bachman made back to back plays at 1B, in which both should make Sportscenter Top 10 tonight.
flamehunter, tyndal23 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: ↑April 20th, 2022, 9:41 pm Ballcoach, was that you in the light blue shirt, dancing behind home plate most of the game?
That was our own J.J. McCracken! :pbjtime
Ballcoach is easy to spot: just look for his RED earphones he uses to drown out the music (aka "noise"). :oldhag
ballcoach15, flameshaw liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: ↑April 20th, 2022, 9:59 pm
flameshaw wrote: ↑April 20th, 2022, 9:41 pm Ballcoach, was that you in the light blue shirt, dancing behind home plate most of the game?
That was our own J.J. McCracken! :pbjtime
Ballcoach is easy to spot: just look for his RED earphones he uses to drown out the music (aka "noise"). :oldhag
Is JJ working on another degree, or does he have a job in or near the Burg now?
By Dalegarz1
This weekend I'll be sitting a few yards away from McCracken. It's a fine line between entertaining and annoying. Dancing With the Stars is definitely NOT in his future!

Very nice win over the Blue Devils. I'm getting a feeling...
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: ↑April 21st, 2022, 7:06 am Is JJ working on another degree, or does he have a job in or near the Burg now?
I think he is working locally and even shopping for a $50,000 house.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU 3 Jacksonville 0. Keeney 4 hit shutout. 8 Ks, 0 bb. Canetto HR. Bachman RBI single. Roupe SF fly.
We didn't swing bats well.
By Dalegarz1
They pitched around Huddy and Howard, who usually is very disciplined, was fed a steady diet of rise balls that she went fishing after.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU won the night cap 8-0. I left with us up 3-0, but I'm sure Ballcoach stayed until the final amen. :oldhag :pray
By Dalegarz1
We close out the series with Jacksonville with a 13-2 beatdown of an inferior team. Huddy hits a double off the top of the wall and a "no doubt about it" home run in her next at bat. Howard makes another great play backhanding a ball in the hole and gunning the runner out. I think she must be as good as any ss in the country making that play. Happy to see MJ get the win. I don't know the metrics involved but it seems to me, if we happen to stumble in the conference tournament, we are deserving of at large bid. I'll be watching the rest of the season on my IPAD from NJ. Lets go Flames!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If we stumble, our RPI should be good enough for at large bid. Kennesaw State got in last year with a 26-25 record. If we can beat Tennessee and VT in next 2 weeks, that will help.

LU is 4-1 against the Top 5 teams in ACC.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: ↑April 24th, 2022, 6:18 pm If we stumble, our RPI should be good enough for at large bid. Kennesaw State got in last year with a 26-25 record. If we can beat Tennessee and VT in next 2 weeks, that will help.

LU is 4-1 against the Top 5 teams in ACC.
If we beat VT and TENN we're in the top 25 and a 2 seed in tourney.
Baybird liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]