The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We’re we supposed to play Lehigh? I kept seeing it last night on ESPN+’s lineup of live content. But they were also showing the ND game…?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 9:01 pm "someday we will beat Notre Dame......
.in Lynchburg "

LU 6 ND 3
I only saw the first and last innings because there was also a BASKETBALL game last night, but it was kind of fun watching the old Notre Dame fans leaving and shaking their heads in disbelief. And it was classy that the Notre Dame players stayed for the closing Protestant prayer.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 6th, 2022, 7:53 am We’re we supposed to play Lehigh? I kept seeing it last night on ESPN+’s lineup of live content. But they were also showing the ND game…?
We beat Lehigh 9-1. Not sure what time it was played. Apparently the games got pushed back throughout the day. The ND game was supposed to start at 4 but didn't get going until around 5:30 I think.
Edit: According to the box score, the Lehigh game started at 8:30.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: March 6th, 2022, 1:29 pm They took a 30 minute break between the ND and Lehigh game. Apparently the ND game didn't start on time.
flamehunter wrote: Apparently the games got pushed back throughout the day. The ND game was supposed to start at 4 but didn't get going until around 5:30 I think.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU 4 JMU 0. We had a combined no hitter with 2 outs in 7th, when a .000 hitter got infield single, followed by a .045 hitter getting infield single. LU scored all 4 runs in 1st inning
LU Grad 11 liked this
By Dalegarz1
Nice to get a shutout win against JMU! Bats were silent after first inning. JMU pitcher did an excellent job of keeping us off balance with her changeup. EK struggled with hitting the outside corner with her screwball-perhaps due in part to a tight strike zone. We are on a very nice roll! Let’s feast on some Razorbacks on Thursday!
ballcoach15, Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 7th, 2022, 6:50 am Nice to get a shutout win against JMU! Bats were silent after first inning. JMU pitcher did an excellent job of keeping us off balance with her changeup. EK struggled with hitting the outside corner with her screwball-perhaps due in part to a tight strike zone. We are on a very nice roll! Let’s feast on some Razorbacks on Thursday!
Nice win, but JMU is definitely not the team they were the last couple of years. Shows you how huge having a dominant pitcher can be in college softball.
ballcoach15, JK37 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 7th, 2022, 7:50 am
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 7th, 2022, 6:50 am Nice to get a shutout win against JMU! Bats were silent after first inning. JMU pitcher did an excellent job of keeping us off balance with her changeup. EK struggled with hitting the outside corner with her screwball-perhaps due in part to a tight strike zone. We are on a very nice roll! Let’s feast on some Razorbacks on Thursday!
Nice win, but JMU is definitely not the team they were the last couple of years. Shows you how huge having a dominant pitcher can be in college softball.
I've never seen a team fall as far as JMU has in 1 season. They are 258th in the country in batting. 94th in RPI.
Liberty is 46th in RPI.

As for umpire's strike zone, I sat behind home plate the final 3 innings last night. The umpire appeared to be guessing on strike zone on every pitch, for both teams. I believe he's a rookie at D1 level, and maybe all levels.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 7th, 2022, 4:14 pm
olldflame wrote: March 7th, 2022, 7:50 am
I've never seen a team fall as far as JMU has in 1 season. They are 258th in the country in batting. 94th in RPI.
Liberty is 46th in RPI.

As for umpire's strike zone, I sat behind home plate the final 3 innings last night. The umpire appeared to be guessing on strike zone on every pitch, for both teams. I believe he's a rookie at D1 level, and maybe all levels.
They graduated Kate Gordon (OF) their all time HR hitter, and their 2nd baseman, and Meeks (3B) left the program, and Jubas, their SS who lead the team in hitting (@ .400) and had 12 HRs is now starting at UNC as a GR student. And then there's Alexander graduating.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was not happy with the attendance this past weekend, especially with Notre Dame and JMU in town. Granted the late start times for the Liberty vs ND and JMU game probably hurt attendance somewhat, along with baseball and basketball games.

For the record, Alabama is averaging 3814 fans after 10 home games.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
There was probably too much music, entertainment, and fun between inning so people didn’t want to go.
ballcoach15, olldflame liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT!!!!!!!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That's a good article, but the season is only 4 weeks old, with a lot of softball still to be played. LU's RPI ranking of 46, seems somewhat low, considering our schedule during first 20 games. I believe we have played more games vs ranked teams at this point in season, than Oklahoma has. We have 7 games remaining vs ranked teams.
Even if we slip up and don't win conference tournament, we should get an at-large-bid.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Clemson ties the game in the bottom of the 7th. Crybaby
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Today's game, Liberty and Clemson scoreless top of 8. We blew golden opportunity in 5th, runners 2nd and 3rd, 0 outs,and didn't score.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://www.aseaofred.com/liberty-adds-commitment-[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]