The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 7:49 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 1st, 2022, 8:42 am It appears some have to resort to name calling, since they are not smart enough to discuss softball (or any other sport).
Are you talking to yourself again?
I’m 100% sure you don’t want to stack credentials with some people on this board when it comes to coaching.
PH, If they have such high credentials, why don't they participate in softball discussion, (baseball also) ?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 1st, 2022, 8:42 am It appears some have to resort to name calling, since they are not smart enough to discuss softball (or any other sport).
Welcome to the interwebs. You must be new here.
thesportscritic liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:40 pm From what I have gathered, he wasn't talking about him.
I know of one person on this board who was a college softball coach. (Paid even)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 10:47 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 7:49 am
Are you talking to yourself again?
I’m 100% sure you don’t want to stack credentials with some people on this board when it comes to coaching.
PH, If they have such high credentials, why don't they participate in softball discussion, (baseball also) ?
Because I don’t go to the games or follow the SB and BB teams that closely
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 2nd, 2022, 2:40 pm From what I have gathered, he wasn't talking about him.
I mean I’ll stack my resume up with anyone too. But I agree with @JK37 :D
thesportscritic liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 7:58 am
Well, Dang. Now I KNOW I was wrong.

[Turns eyes skyward and stares at ceiling for indeterminate minutes, re-evaluating all purpose in life.]
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 9:58 am
Purple Haize wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 7:58 am
Well, Dang. Now I KNOW I was wrong.

[Turns eyes skyward and stares at ceiling for indeterminate minutes, re-evaluating all purpose in life.]
All the great coaches do that. :)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 4th, 2022, 3:16 pm Schedule changes today. Notre Dame's luggage still in Charlotte.
The Notre Dame game is not until tomorrow, right? That's a game that even Purple might be interested it. :shock:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: March 4th, 2022, 3:16 pm Schedule changes today. Notre Dame's luggage still in Charlotte.
Typical American Airlines :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 5th, 2022, 5:54 am Big games coming up! If we can beat both Notre Dame and JMU it can make up for a few head scratching losses.
Maybe it's just me, but 4 of our 6 losses came against ranked teams, and the only one I would call a head-scratcher would be Chuck south.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 5th, 2022, 7:46 am the only one I would call a head-scratcher would be Chuck south.
YES, the one our noted softball guru calls the "worst loss in the history of LU athletics in any sport." Crybaby :oldhag :frustrated
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 5th, 2022, 8:11 am
olldflame wrote: March 5th, 2022, 7:46 am the only one I would call a head-scratcher would be Chuck south.
YES, the one our noted softball guru calls the "worst loss in the history of LU athletics in any sport." Crybaby :oldhag :frustrated
Which demonstrates how little he actually knows about Liberty sports from a historical perspective. Does the term 'stupid hose" ring a bell?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 4th, 2022, 5:08 pm
The Notre Dame game is not until tomorrow, right? That's a game that even Purple might be interested it. :shock:
I’m in AZ watching the snow come down
ballcoach15 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 5th, 2022, 8:35 am
Cider Jim wrote: March 5th, 2022, 8:11 am
Which demonstrates how little he actually knows about Liberty sports from a historical perspective. Does the term 'stupid hose" ring a bell?
Oh, it gets even worse. In Spring 2006, men's tennis lost to Virginia Intermont. Fortunately, after that season, a new coaching staff was brought in and got things turned around after a couple seasons 8)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
A historically bad loss involves more than just how big an upset it is. It's just as much or more about what was at stake. Our football loss to Presby that year cost us what would have been our first FCS playoff bid. Another bad one that comes to mind was the year Jesse Sanders was POY in the BSC and we went into the conference tourney as the #2 seed and lost in a blowout to 7th seeded High Point in the first round. That loss to CSU by our softball team was a totally meaningless non conference game. It's not even on the radar as far as bad losses are concerned.
Last edited by olldflame on March 5th, 2022, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I am not a self-proclaimed pontification pundit in softball but in baseball, good teams have bed games. It happens. It's not like basketball and football where the best team wins 90% of the time. Even the best baseball teams only win 65-70% of the time.
flamehunter liked this
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]