The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The first of several softball camps is at LU, today through Wednesday. The Ole Men's Club will be there, evaluating the talent.

Two LU players are playing in the Florida Gulf Coast summer league. Devyn Howard is among league leaders in RBIs, McKenzie Wagoner is among leaders in strikeouts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:02 am The first of several softball camps is at LU, today through Wednesday. The Ole Men's Club will be there, evaluating the talent.

Two LU players are playing in the Florida Gulf Coast summer league. Devyn Howard is among league leaders in RBIs, McKenzie Wagoner is among leaders in strikeouts.
Any Chris Hansen sightings… :shock:
flamehunter liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In today's game, Wagoner went 2-3 with 5 RBIs. Pitched 4 innings, 0 hits, with 5 K.

Howard is hitting. 453, with 6 HR, and leads league with 25 RBI.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While most everyone is focused on Big 12 Conference, new turf is being installed on Liberty softball field.
By Ill flame
ballcoach15 wrote: August 8th, 2021, 1:22 pm While most everyone is focused on Big 12 Conference, new turf is being installed on Liberty softball field.
Isn't that field only about 5 years old? Why are they already putting new turf down?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Baseball was replaced too. Gotta keep them looking new!

Honestly, if you replace the turf so much doesn't that kind of defeat the cost saving purpose? Maybe it is still cheaper but seems odd.
By Ill flame
I wonder if the fields were already getting torn. Warranties for turf fields usually last around 8 years. I think the main benefit of the turf is having less rain outs, especially in the early spring. It's almost necessary the farther north you go.
thepostman, ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Another big-time transfer coming: 8)

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/news/lib ... -michigan/

First baseman from Michigan. In case you didn't pick up on it from the article, this girl's grandmother was a teammate of Dot's on the 1996 and 2000 gold medal Olympic Softball teams. Grad transfer with only one year of eligibility, but she should help a lot this year with the loss of Autumn Bishop.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Not sure what that even means. Facebook? Why would our softball team even need a separate website? They are part of our athletic department, which has it pretty well covered with news and updates.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Awhile back, a lot of college sports teams and even individual coaches began creating their own personal websites. A lot of marketing/advertising companies were out there selling it, as well as sports agents for coaches pushing their clients to do it. Like a way to control and enhance your brand.

Consequently, a lot of colleges made policies against it. Some apparently still allow it? I don’t know for sure, I’m far departed from that world.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 10:15 am I believe every sport @ LU has its own website.
Can you give an example? I am only aware of coaches having sites promoting their camps.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU has had a softball website for years. As of yesterday, I could not pull it up on computer or phone.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
He’ll never find it unless someone takes out an ad in the newspaper :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 18th, 2021, 10:15 am I believe every sport @ LU has its own website.
I think Ballcoach is referring to a team's Facebook page. I know Marketing designed one for our Quiz Bowl team. LU softball has one, too.

https://m.facebook.com/LUFlamesSoftball/
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 18th, 2021, 3:10 pm What is the URL?
Mystery solved. Ballcoach had been accessing the Liberty website (and apparently didn't know it).

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/softball/
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]