The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I’m surprised BC didn’t say anything yet but we got a pair of transfers last weekend. Raigan Barrett from Washington and Lou Allan from Michigan. Both look like really good pick ups.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Dot has elevated the program to a place where we now are becoming a destination for transfers on the highest level. I love seeing us get to a place where believers can come play for us and not feel like they are sacrificing in any way.
LU 57, Dalegarz1, LUOrange liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that the grandmother of one of the transfers was a teammate of Dot's back in her playing days on the Olympic team that won 2 gold medals. :shock:

One transfer is a shortstop and the other plays first base, positions where we lost 2 players from year's team. :clapping
ballcoach15, LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What a disgrace! Obviously LU bought these players. Waiting for ballcoach to condemn such a brazen disregard for college Athletics
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 2:21 pm Sources say Savannah Channell is transfering to North Florida.
I guess Arkansas didn't want her, even to sit on the bench next to her fun-loving sister. Choosing to go to a conference rival almost makes me think there is something else involved in her decision.

Under the heading of "my how things have changed in 30 years", when we first joined the BSC they had a conference rule that required any player who transferred from one conference school to another to sit *2* years. The only instance I remember of anyone doing it was a MBB player who was at UNCA and for some reason felt strongly enough about going to Radford that he did it. As one might expect of someone with those priorities, the kid was a jerk. When we played Radford in the BSC tournament, some of their fans started a "jailbird" chant, directed at Parish Hickman. This kid was clapping and egging them on. Not a big Ron Bradley fan, but I give him credit for putting that nonsense to a stop in a hurry.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The shortstop from Washington is signed, sealed and delivered. I think we've improved at that position.

Blake Gibson has transferred to Troy.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 8th, 2021, 8:40 pm Blake Gibson has transferred to Troy.
:shock: For some odd reason, Blake played better her freshman year than her second year. :dontgetit
By LUOrange
Sounds like both girls are just going home. UNF and Troy are both within an hour from their hometowns. I wouldn't read too much into their transfers without them or someone from the team saying something.
Last edited by LUOrange on July 9th, 2021, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I think Blake Gibson's situation may also be softball related. She played a good bit as a FR last year, but only hit .215, and I think there is a good chance her ABs would have been going down. I have to say that Savannah is a :dontgetit , but it looks like Dot has landed a good replacement.
LUOrange liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:58 am One is going home and the other wants to have "fun"
Yeah. Heaven forbid kids have fun
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 9th, 2021, 7:24 am I think Blake Gibson's situation may also be softball related. She played a good bit as a FR last year, but only hit .215, and I think there is a good chance her ABs would have been going down. I have to say that Savannah is a :dontgetit , but it looks like Dot has landed a good replacement.
Sources say we've actually improved at shortstop.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We have signed a JUCO outfielder, Janessa Plummer from Lakeland, FL. A speedster who batted .543, with OBP of .592
TH Spangler liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 14th, 2021, 3:23 pm We have signed a JUCO outfielder, Janessa Plummer from Lakeland, FL. A speedster who batted .543, with OBP of .592
Ballcoach might need to be "coached up" on a few more of the details. Jessica was a:

1. 2021 NJCAA 1st Team All-American
2. NJCAA National Tournament MVP
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]