The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In today's local paper, the JMU pitcher was "thanking Jesus" for the extra inning dinger that won the game yesterday. With that kind of Christianity, she would have been an amazing addition to LU's pitching staff.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:36 pm In today's local paper, the JMU pitcher was "thanking Jesus" for the extra inning dinger that won the game yesterday. With that kind of Christianity, she would have been an amazing addition to LU's pitching staff.
If only we had even recruited her. Unbelievable
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 6:42 pm What year is she? :wink:
Super Senior (5th year).
By LU 57
Cider Jim wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:47 pm
LU 57 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 6:42 pm What year is she? :wink:
Super Senior (5th year).
She was outstanding tonight. The diving play she made on the bunt in the 7th is sure to be a top 10 on ESPN. What a competitor.

Edit - here it is:

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:00 pm
Cider Jim wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:36 pm In today's local paper, the JMU pitcher was "thanking Jesus" for the extra inning dinger that won the game yesterday. With that kind of Christianity, she would have been an amazing addition to LU's pitching staff.
It is pretty easy to evaluate talent after 4-5 years of playing and maturing. No big schools recruited her, that says a lot to me. No one expected her to be this good. It is like hiring employees, no one gets it right 100% of the time. Coach Dot has proved her worth. Hopefully we can make the next step soon.
LUOrange, olldflame, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
By LUOrange
LU 57 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:05 pm
She was outstanding tonight. The diving play she made on the bunt in the 7th is sure to be a top 10 on ESPN. What a competitor.

Edit - here it is:

That was an awesome play by Alexander. However, the squeeze was a bad call with a bad bunt. I, also thought that the runner might've had a slightly better chance going feet first. Still a heck of a play by Alexander.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 12:22 am I never thought I'd see the day I'd pull for JMU, but here I am.
Until they play Bama? :dontgetit
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:45 pm
JK37 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:00 pm
It is pretty easy to evaluate talent after 4-5 years of playing and maturing. No big schools recruited her, that says a lot to me. No one expected her to be this good. It is like hiring employees, no one gets it right 100% of the time. Coach Dot has proved her worth. Hopefully we can make the next step soon.
Not a critique on Dot, she’s earned the benefit of the doubt for sure. It’s just crazy a Christian woman from less then two hours away from campus not only goes unrecruited by us and everybody else, but then goes on to CARRY her team this way on a national level.

Complain all you want about the committee seeding them as a 3 in our regional. To me, this ^^^ stings way more if I’m on LU’s staff. I don’t care who did or did not recruit her. If she’s in my back yard and THIS happens, the first thought in my mind for a long time is, “I didn’t do my job well enough. I got that one wrong!”

I’m pulling for JMU. Which is gross.
flamehunter liked this
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 11:37 pm Did ballcoach just get famous? Just saw a Twitter pic from D1 magazine...
Was he wearing Liberty or JMU gear?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 11:37 pm Did ballcoach just get famous? Just saw a Twitter pic from D1 magazine...
At the Alabama-UCLA game, I was sitting on front row, behind home plate, and met the editor of D1 magazine. She wanted a selfie of me and her. I was wearing Liberty cap/shirt.
SumItUp, Sly Fox liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:36 am The Richmond paper had a little different account of how Alexander ended up at JMU. The article below said the coach discovered her while scouting another player at a state tournament game:

https://richmond.com/sports/college/jmu ... a37feb229a
I’m going to take your word for it about the article. I literally could not read it because of all the ads all over the place.
I was shocked when I saw she was from Boydton VA Talk about “Nowhere”.
By tyndal23
ballcoach15 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:17 am
At the Alabama-UCLA game, I was sitting on front row, behind home plate, and met the editor of D1 magazine. She wanted a selfie of me and her. I was wearing Liberty cap/shirt.
Definitely had your game face on. All business...nice work.
ballcoach15 liked this
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: June 6th, 2021, 8:42 am
LU 57 wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:36 am The Richmond paper had a little different account of how Alexander ended up at JMU. The article below said the coach discovered her while scouting another player at a state tournament game:

https://richmond.com/sports/college/jmu ... a37feb229a
I’m going to take your word for it about the article. I literally could not read it because of all the ads all over the place.
I was shocked when I saw she was from Boydton VA Talk about “Nowhere”.
Yeah, Times-Dispatch is brutal for that. And I am subscriber and still have to deal with it!!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I just reviewed the transfer portal, 2 of JMU's best returning players are in the portal, the shortstop and right fielder. Both hit well over .300. Also FGCU has 7 or 8 players in portal.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]