The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Fun weekend of softball regardless.

And again, credit to ESPN. We complain when they are politically correct, let's applaud when they go out of their way not to be. My guess is they prolly got some complaints for showing the spiritual side of LU this weekend.
ballcoach15, ATrain, LU 57 and 4 others liked this
By LUOrange
Just John wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 5:23 pm Fun weekend of softball regardless.

And again, credit to ESPN. We complain when they are politically correct, let's applaud when they go out of their way not to be. My guess is they prolly got some complaints for showing the spiritual side of LU this weekend.
i thought their announcers did great. I really loved how they showed the teams praying after the games and spoke positively of our team and their faith.
Last edited by LUOrange on May 24th, 2021, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LU 57, ATrain liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure this team is disappointed that it did not make the Super Regionals. That's still the hurdle for LU softball, and baseball, to be considered among the elite programs. This team was the best equipped to do it but JMU was underseeded considering they have now gone to SR 3 times in 5 years. How many 3 seeds won their regional?
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While I don't agree with many of the selection committee's seedings, JMU was difficult to know how good they actually were. They played no ranked teams during regular season, and only 1 team from a Power 5 conference (Virginia).
JMU should have been sent to Oklahoma or UCLA Regional.
But I hope Missouri destroys the Dukes.
jinxy liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 11:41 am Doesn’t it make us look better if JMU does well?
It does.
It makes you look bad expecting log I’ve from ballcoach
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 9:49 am While I don't agree with many of the selection committee's seedings, JMU was difficult to know how good they actually were. They played no ranked teams during regular season, and only 1 team from a Power 5 conference (Virginia).
JMU should have been sent to Oklahoma or UCLA Regional.
But I hope Missouri destroys the Dukes.
This may be a new low for you. You are actually pulling for Missouri, a team you ripped to shreds (and rightly so) for basically buying their way into the NCAA tournament 2 years ago. Your reason? They are playing the team that beat us? If anything, we should all be pulling for JMU. The further they go, the better we look.
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 11:41 am Doesn’t it make us look better if JMU does well?
That's a tough call. I looked at Super Regional matchups this morning. It's a possibility that of the 8 teams to reach Oklahoma City, we will have played 7 of them this season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My 6th grade science teacher said we should look at a map and root for the sports teams that are located closest to where we live. :fineprint
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:26 pm My 6th grade science teacher said we should look at a map and root for the sports teams that are located closest to where we live. :fineprint
Does anyone remember the year that our FCS football team was passed over for a playoff bid, that went to some school in CAA ? I can't remember the year, but Rocco was the Coach. Since that day, I've never pulled for a CAA team in any sport.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:50 pm
Cider Jim wrote: May 24th, 2021, 1:26 pm My 6th grade science teacher said we should look at a map and root for the sports teams that are located closest to where we live. :fineprint
Does anyone remember the year that our FCS football team was passed over for a playoff bid, that went to some school in CAA ? I can't remember the year, but Rocco was the Coach. Since that day, I've never pulled for a CAA team in any sport.
Maine.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like a “You” problem
thesportscritic liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
News flash ballcoach. The CAA did not make that decision. Any anger you have should be directed toward the selection committee.
ATrain liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]