The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 9:10 am My guess is JMU will go with their #2 pitcher in the 12:00 game.
A silver lining is that LU has seen their #1 already so they can get a better plate plan ready.
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Winning 2 games in a row against JMU will be very tough but not impossible. PH is right, the fact that we have seen their #1 pitcher may be a blessing. Regardless, I think we win game 1 but in game 2 I have my doubts. We shall see.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 9:10 am My guess is JMU will go with their #2 pitcher in the 12:00 game.
JMU message board says no way.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I would think they ride that horse until it kicks. If you’re JMU, you want to do everything possible to avoid Game 2 today. That includes throwing your top pitcher until she can’t go anymore.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:03 pm Yeah, I would think they ride that horse until it kicks. If you’re JMU, you want to do everything possible to avoid Game 2 today. That includes throwing your top pitcher until she can’t go anymore.
Dance with who brung ya till they can’t dance no more
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Big MO on our side so far in Game 1. If we can get to game 2, I suspect we can be very competitive. The twins have made a couple of fantastic defensive plays.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 1:08 pm Just got home from church. Need updates. How’d we get to here?
Two HR's from LU. A single with the batter taking second on an error on the right fielder and a triple for JMU.
JK37 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Brilliant move by the JMU coach, changing pitchers. It is a big change in the way they pitch and it is giving their ace, some time to rest, in case of a game 2 today. Our girls look like they are really focused.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:58 pm Getting to a regional final and beating a 1-seed SEC school on their field to get there is huge.
We did the same in 2018. Were actually one win away then. Two wins away now, and the wheels are falling off.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JMU has doubled our score in the 6th inning, up 8-4. Is Ballcoach driving home yet? That may be our only chance of coming back.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I didn’t anticipate Kirby performing as poorly she did today. Makes me think maybe something wrong? Hard to believe just tired. Bummer. We looked so poised through four innings.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 2:04 pm
stokesjokes wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 1:59 pm Softball rules are weird. You can just bring pitchers back?
The answer is yes, but if I recall, it's just one time per game.
Dumbest rule in all of sports
stokesjokes, jinxy liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
So, Amber goes out in style with a HR on her last AB as a Flame, but it's not enough and we lose 8-5. I believe that HR (#19) gave her the single-season record, which was pretty much the only Liberty HR record she didn't already have.
Last edited by olldflame on May 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Faced with the prospect of taking the field without at least one "A. Bishop" next season for the first time in * 5 years* the most positive thing to come out of this post season was some clutch production from young players. Of course Autumn and Amber will be sorely missed, but I feel pretty good about where the program is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m going to figure the teams isn’t happy with the results of this game but will be happy with the results of the season
Hopefully Cider has a nice meal ready for ballcoach when he returns. Maybe some flowers and a stool to put his feet upon. :D :)
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple and JK need to get a ROOM.

Classy post by at least one JMU fan.

Well played series by Liberty. Very impressed w/ the ascendency of their program. With their money and willingness to schedule tough teams, they're going to be a force moving forward. Hope we continue to schedule them.
ballcoach15, Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 3:45 pmMassage oils?
Cider is probably drawing him a nice warm bath as we type. Maybe some bubbles. Rose peddles. Stuff like that.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]