The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:24 am Pretty sure this was posted on the Rumor Mill several months ago, but what I've heard regarding divisions is Liberty will likely be with Kennesaw State, FGCU, UNF, Jacksonville, and Stetson. Meaning Central Arkansas, Jacksonville St, Bellarmine, UNA, Lipscomb, and EKU would make up the other division.
If that happens, they'll probably name divisions "East & West", instead of North & South", as they did this year.
I wish they would swap Kennesaw with Jacksonville State. I don't like Kennesaw.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 10:41 pm If that happens, they'll probably name divisions "East & West", instead of North & South", as they did this year.
Prophetic Ballcoach with another prediction that will likely come true. :nod

In 2021, "South" has become an offensive term. It's only a matter of time before the Big South Conference will change its name to "The Big Kallander." :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Whatever ASUN does, they need to eliminate the "best of 3" format in the quarterfinals of conference tournaments for softball and baseball.
They should use same format as SEC. put everyone in tournament and play single elimination. 🥎⚾️
Less wear on pitching staffs, late in season, especially in ⚾️
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:40 am Whatever ASUN does, they need to eliminate the "best of 3" format in the quarterfinals of conference tournaments for softball and baseball.
They should use same format as SEC. put everyone in tournament and play single elimination. 🥎⚾️
That's not a factor in softball, where it's not all that uncommon for an ace to pitch every inning of a tournament, like Ole Miss did in winning the SEC a few years ago. As far as baseball is concerned, I could make an argument that single elimination can be as tough on a team's bullpen as double, because with no room for error, coaches will be reluctant to use their pitching depth.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In the SEC tournament this past weekend, Alabama's Montana Fouts pitched all but 1/3 of an inning in the Tide's 3 games. In 20.2 innings she had 39 Ks, and allowed 3 ER, (all to Tennessee).
When she faced Liberty in February, we did score 1 run off her, which is more than Florida did in SEC title game. I believe Jacksonville used their ace in all 3 games of ASUN tournament.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:04 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:40 am Whatever ASUN does, they need to eliminate the "best of 3" format in the quarterfinals of conference tournaments for softball and baseball.
That's not a factor in softball, where it's not all that uncommon for an ace to pitch every inning of a tournament, like Ole Miss did in winning the SEC a few years ago. As far as baseball is concerned, I could make an argument that single elimination can be as tough on a team's bullpen as double, because with no room for error, coaches will be reluctant to use their pitching depth.
Those who actually know baseball have been in favor of this year's format. It probably won't be possible with the extended conference next year, but it reduces the amount of games, protects higher seeds, and saves pitching staffs compared to the traditional double elimination tournament. It also prepares the winner for regionals better.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In our last homestand, the Lipscomb pitcher threw both games of the double header AND the game the next day. She was SPENT.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I remember one year when Christa Williams was at Texas that she delivered every pitch of every postseason game until the WCWS. She only gave up one run all season and ran out of gas in the opener in OKC giving up a couple of runs to the girls from Stillwater who could sleep in their own beds. The next season Cat Osterman showed up and they weren't quite so reliant on one pitcher.

In college softball, you ride your horse as far she'll take you. Depth of staff is generally somewhat overrated.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]