The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty was not one of the schools selected as possible host sites. The committee went with all Power 5 schools.

9 SEC
5 PAC 12
3 ACC
2 B12
1 Big Ten

The 20 schools selected will be reduced to 16. NCAA will not admit it, but they will go with the top 16 seeds. That's funny, because making tournament wasn't a requirement to submit a bid to host.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I mean, what else were you actually expecting?

Don’t answer that.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Though we have some of the nicest facilities in the country - we also have the worst traveling setup in the country - with no interstates and a terrible airport that only flies small planes into one city. It's a chore to get in here.
SumItUp, thepostman, Sly Fox and 2 others liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone who has trouble getting to Liberty, should stay home. It's easier to get here than some schools on the list. I've been to them for softball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lynchburg may not have an interstate highway, but we have 460 and 29, that lead to interstate highways, (both are 4 lane highways). Anyone who has trouble getting to Lynchburg, should stay home. They shouldn't be traveling.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Saying that we have the "worst traveling setup in the country" is some pretty strong hyperbole on proto's part.
Having said that, it's not very good, especially for flghts.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:09 pm Anyone who has trouble getting to Liberty, should stay home. It's easier to get here than some schools on the list. I've been to them for softball.
Ok - maybe not the worst - I was being a little over the top, but it's not about one person and his family - it's about a big team and all their stuff (and in this case - multiple teams) Teams have to fly into Roanoke, or even Charlotte or Raleigh and drive in. That's more then a lot of teams want to deal with. Teams don't know that 460 and 29 are decent roads - they see them as highways and not interstates. Biggest thing are area can do is talk ROA and LYH into merging and build an international airport in the middle of Roanoke and Lynchburg.
thesportscritic liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: May 1st, 2021, 3:23 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 30th, 2021, 5:09 pm Anyone who has trouble getting to Liberty, should stay home. It's easier to get here than some schools on the list. I've been to them for softball.
Ok - maybe not the worst - I was being a little over the top, but it's not about one person and his family - it's about a big team and all their stuff (and in this case - multiple teams) Teams have to fly into Roanoke, or even Charlotte or Raleigh and drive in. That's more then a lot of teams want to deal with. Teams don't know that 460 and 29 are decent roads - they see them as highways and not interstates. Biggest thing are area can do is talk ROA and LYH into merging and build an international airport in the middle of Roanoke and Lynchburg.
Bedford?
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This is just my sometimes twisted sense of logic speaking, but since teams who fly in still have to get on a bus with all their equipment to go to the game venue, IMHO it's not a huge deal if that bus ride is an hour or 2 instead of 15 minutes.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]