The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Posts
#623989
In the latest Softball RPI rankings, Liberty is #11. Playing a tough schedule pays off.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on March 23rd, 2021, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#623991
Class of 20Something wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:01 am In the latest Softball RPI rankings, Liberty is #11. This is probably highest RPI ranking in LU history in any sport. Winning a tough schedule pays off.
FTFY
Actually, he was correct. We only have won 1 game against a highly ranked team, but just playing all those games against SEC and Big 12 powerhouses boosted us up a ton, even though we lost. That along with winning pretty much all the games we were "supposed to".
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#624001
Baybird wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 1:59 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:01 am In the latest Softball RPI rankings, Liberty is #11. This is probably highest RPI ranking in LU history in any sport. Winning a tough schedule pays off.
FTFY
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/fieldhock ... hockey-rpi
Impressive. In addition, our golf team is 18th, giving us at least 3 top 20 teams this Spring.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
Posts
#624004
Baybird wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 1:59 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:01 am In the latest Softball RPI rankings, Liberty is #11. This is probably highest RPI ranking in LU history in any sport. Winning a tough schedule pays off.
FTFY
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/fieldhock ... hockey-rpi
Half the top ten is Virginia schools!! I had no idea that was a culture here.
ballcoach15 liked this
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#624012
olldflame wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:28 am
Class of 20Something wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:02 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:01 am In the latest Softball RPI rankings, Liberty is #11. This is probably highest RPI ranking in LU history in any sport. Winning a tough schedule pays off.
FTFY
Actually, he was correct. We only have won 1 game against a highly ranked team, but just playing all those games against SEC and Big 12 powerhouses boosted us up a ton, even though we lost. That along with winning pretty much all the games we were "supposed to".
SOS accounts for 75% of rpi while the other 25% is actually winning games. This is why college basketball stopped using it. It's just too flawed, especially this early in the season.
Dalegarz1 liked this
By Dalegarz1
Posts
#624016
At this point in the season, the best indicator would be an analysis of our performance against those teams that are ranked higher than us. Beyond the won-lost record, the more revealing statistics would be runs scored, team BA, staff ERA and similar measures.
By ballcoach15
Posts
#624018
We need to beat Tennessee and Virginia Tech to boost our RBI. I hope we're in position to get an at-large bid to NCAA tournament, if we get upset in ASUN Tournament.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#624020
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 24th, 2021, 9:06 am At this point in the season, the best indicator would be an analysis of our performance against those teams that are ranked higher than us. Beyond the won-lost record, the more revealing statistics would be runs scored, team BA, staff ERA and similar measures.
With the schedule we have played, maybe the most impressive "statistic" we have put up is only 1 run-rule loss.
ASUN Tournament

Not sure how I feel about JU’s decision […]

Maricopa County audit

Things are heating up in AZ and it's not even summ[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Yesterday, had a guy ask me where my mask was. […]

I don't know all that much about the place, but […]