The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Conference play begins! As of this post, only 2 other teams have winning records. They are Jacksonville State and North Alabama with the latter having an impressive won-lost record. Records are deceiving as the level of competition varies from team to team. Based on what we've seen so far and the performance of the other teams in the ASUN, what are the expectations for the Lady Flames? Let's hear what you have to say!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I've watched a few games this year online. After watching them play live last night, I'm convinced the girls can compete with anyone in the country. I don't know the conference competition, but we will compete for the ASUN title this year. We are going to miss the Bishop sisters next year.

Jacksonville (FL) is in the ASUN conference. Jacksonville State (AL) joins the conference next year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We should roll thru the ASUN. My only worry is North Alabama has a pitcher (Garst) that gave us trouble in 2019. She throws a lot of off speed stuff.
No ASUN team has played a schedule as tough as LU's. If we lose a series, I will be highly disappointed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Our only common opponent with N Bama has been Notre Dame. We split 2 close games with the Irish. The Lionesses were run-ruled 9-0 in 6. Garth gave everyone problems in 19. It looks like she has fallen off a bit this year.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 12 Bellarmine 0 (5 innings)

Autumn Bishop 3-3 with HR. Canetto, Hudson, Wilson 2 hits each.

Keeney with 2 hit shutout.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 3 Bellarmine 0, Kirby pitched a 1 hitter with 15 Ks. Autumn Bishop had 3 hits, and Sweat hit a pinch hit solo HR.
We did not swing bats good at all.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins game 2, 2-0. Autumn Bishop 2 run double in top of 7th.
Megan Johnson 6 IP 2 hits, 5 Ks. Kirby pitched 7th, with 1 K.

Bats were silent today. We looked tired at the plate. Long road trip must have taken a toll

Pitching was excellent . Bellarmine didn't score in 19 innings. Only had 5 hits in the series.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 3:04 pm LU wins game 2, 2-0. Autumn Bishop 2 run double in top of 7th.
Megan Johnson 6 IP 2 hits, 5 Ks. Kirby pitched 7th, with 1 K.

Bats were silent today. We looked tired at the plate. Long road trip must have taken a toll

Pitching was excellent . Bellarmine didn't score in 19 innings. Only had 5 hits in the series.
So, I guess the hitters were tired, but the pitchers were not. Strange.

Or maybe Bellarmine's pitchers are not awful.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with one of the LU players at baseball game today. She said the team was tired, for both games Saturday.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]