The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
After two more cream puff games against Longwood, the Lady Flames will be walking into a lion's den in Oklahoma.
Here is a brief bio for each team as of today.

1. Oklahoma State - 18-1, including a sweep of LSU
2. Oklahoma (this is scary)- 16-0 and have outscored their opponents 200-18!
3. BYU-8-9, have lost to some tough Pac-12 teams, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Cal

We better bring our A+ game.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Will Ballcoach be there in attendance? It's only 1,164 miles from downtown Gretna.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 8:23 pm After two more cream puff games against Longwood, the Lady Flames will be walking into a lion's den in Oklahoma.
Here is a brief bio for each team as of today.

1. Oklahoma State - 18-1, including a sweep of LSU
2. Oklahoma (this is scary)- 16-0 and have outscored their opponents 200-18!
3. BYU-8-9, have lost to some tough Pac-12 teams, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Cal

We better bring our A+ game.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma are a combined 34-1. They are good, but their schedules are not too much more impressive than Liberty's. Both have feasted on some cupcakes.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I assume this is at the WCWS site. OU loves to get in games there to build some comfort prior to when the games really matter.

I haven't been to the WCWS in close to two decades. But back thn it wasn't exactly a great facility. They likely have upgraded over the years to hang on to the tournament.
If their schedule is not much more impressive than Liberty’s because they feasted on cupcakes that means LU REALLY feasted on cupcakes
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 8th, 2021, 4:21 pm We had one cupcake in common with OK St. They went 3-0 against LSU and we went 0-2.
For those on this board who are "softball mentally challenged" and don't know that the ball is round, LSU isn't a cupcake. Some of ya'll need to get off the couch and go to some games, and maybe get "coached up". Then maybe some sensible posts can be posted on this board. Not just "smart donkey" comments.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 4:29 pm
olldflame wrote: March 8th, 2021, 4:21 pm We had one cupcake in common with OK St. They went 3-0 against LSU and we went 0-2.
For those on this board who are "softball mentally challenged" and don't know that the ball is round, LSU isn't a cupcake. Some of ya'll need to get off the couch and go to some games, and maybe get "coached up". Then maybe some sensible posts can be posted on this board. Not just mostly "smart donkey" comments.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For those on this board who are "softball mentally challenged" and don't know that the ball is round, LSU isn't a cupcake. Some of ya'll need to get off the couch and go to some games, and maybe get "coached up". Then maybe some sensible posts can be posted on this board. Not just "smart donkey" comments.
Stupid me, thinking that anyone on the planet would see the sarcasm :roll:
I’m just using your words. You said their schedule was as impressive as Liberty. And that they had feasted on cup cakes. Which logically mean Liberty has feasted on cupcakes. While I do not believe that is true I’m using the words you are employing. Maybe you should understand the English language more better Study
thesportscritic liked this
By tyndal23
If HF pushed for same scheduling philosophy as Dot and insisted on a budget to go with it , 10 years from now LU would be in same breath as ND. Instead we are talking about being a top 5 G5 Program every year when we just finished 2nd best P5 team in most circles this year. Dot is pushing her program for eventual College
World Series and National Championships, HF is pushing LU for consistent Cure Bowls. But I am the loon on this board...
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:50 pm If HF pushed for same scheduling philosophy as Dot and insisted on a budget to go with it , 10 years from now LU would be in same breath as ND. Instead we are talking about being a top 5 G5 Program every year when we just finished 2nd best P5 team in most circles this year. Dot is pushing her program for eventual College
World Series and National Championships, HF is pushing LU for consistent Cure Bowls. But I am the loon on this board...
This. This is why you are a loon.
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote:[quote=tyndal23 post_id=623190 time=<a href="tel:1615258222" data-original-title="" title="">1615258222</a> user_id=53702]
If HF pushed for same scheduling philosophy as Dot and insisted on a budget to go with it , 10 years from now LU would be in same breath as ND. Instead we are talking about being a top 5 G5 Program every year when we just finished 2nd best P5 team in most circles this year. Dot is pushing her program for eventual College
This. This is why you are a loon.[/quote]
Purple Haize wrote: March 8th, 2021, 11:34 pm
tyndal23 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:50 pm If HF pushed for same scheduling philosophy as Dot and insisted on a budget to go with it , 10 years from now LU would be in same breath as ND. Instead we are talking about being a top 5 G5 Program every year when we just finished 2nd best P5 team in most circles this year. Dot is pushing her program for eventual College
This. This is why you are a loon.
Then I guess i join Dot and Jerry Sr in the Loon Club. Good Company.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Can't compare softball with football. Dot has nothing to lose as far as fan support if she takes beating after beating against her murderer's row schedule, because there basically isn't any to begin with. It does however toughen the team up for post season, making it more likely to achieve the WCWS dream.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: March 9th, 2021, 5:26 pm Can't compare softball with football. Dot has nothing to lose as far as fan support if she takes beating after beating against her murderer's row schedule, because there basically isn't any to begin with. It does however toughen the team up for post season, making it more likely to achieve the WCWS dream.
He’s also obviously incapable of reading the part of the post that is put in bold lettering. Which explains why he’s a loon.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We had our chances in this one, but with 2 out in first inning, had a runner thrown out attempting to steal 3B.
Had two on in 6th, but had a runner out on runner interference and a fly out.
By Dalegarz1
Big test coming up against the Sooners. As I said in another post, we have a more productive lineup than in previous years but we are lacking that domination in the circle. Right now it reminds me a little of our football team. We have to score a lot to win against the top opponents.
ballcoach15 liked this
By tyndal23
Our football D held NC State to 13 points, FIU ( with a kick return td ) might be an exception because we had zero tape on them...VT and Coastal closer than should have been all due to offensive turnovers. 3rd quarter USM we fell asleep and 2nd team gave up late points in other games, but over all our D was more consistent than O all year...
By tyndal23
Might sneak up to watch OU game Sunday in Norman, interferes with my skeet shooting, but might take the 45 minute trip to Norman. Commitment Saturday or would for sure see game in OKC at the CWS stadium.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:39 pm Big test coming up against the Sooners. As I said in another post, we have a more productive lineup than in previous years but we are lacking that domination in the circle. Right now it reminds me a little of our football team. We have to score a lot to win against the top opponents.
Julia DiMartino would have loved this team and vice versa. She lost a ton of 1-0 games in her career. To crack top 25 we will have to have a pitcher as least as good as her, if not better. But starting next year without the Bishops . . . . . . this may be our best chance. We just have to take both games from #1 OU. :)
ballcoach15, tyndal23 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]