The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
East Carolina and Longwood come to the mountain for this tournament. Statistically, it's a tale of opposites.

East Carolina is 8-2. They have 8 players with an average above 333 with two players hitting over 400. Seven of those 8 have over 30 at bats. Their leading pitcher is 4-0 with an ERA of 1.84.

Longwood is 2-8. Their top hitter is batting 250. Number one pitcher has an ERA of 5.8. It should be noted that they have played a tougher schedule than ECU.

I'm anxious to see how we fare. Should we sweep? Let's hear your thoughts.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 3 ECU 2

Mary Claire Wilson accounted for all 3 runs, including an inside the park 2 run homer.
Keeney complete game, 6 hits, 1 ER with 6 Ks.

Big day for LU sports. Softball wins, baseball swept DH from UCF, who took 2 of 3 from #1 Ole Miss last weekend. Basketball wins semis in ASUN tourney.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We play the other LU at 3:00. The question is, will Ballcoach watch the game indoors again, or will he man up and sit outside with the Old Men's Club instead? :oldhag :dontgetit
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, I guess now we know why he loves those road trips to Florida so much. Gotta say I'm a bit surprised that a career Army man wouldn't "man up" to see his beloved softballers in person.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 10:30 am I was watching the game on my laptop and just assumed that Ballcoach was in the group of fans outside the right centerfield fence. Disappointed to find out it was too cold for him!
Definition of a Fair Weather Fan :D
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We beat Longwood by run rule in 5 innings 19-3.

Hitting into 2 double plays in the last 3 innings likely cost us a record or 2.

Autum Bishop and Kara Canetto with HRs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We score 2 in bottom of 7th to beat ECU 7-6. Keeney tied game with HR. Via went 4-4 and drove in game winner with infield single with bases loaded.
Kirby picked up the win in relief with 3.2 innings, 1 run with 7 Ks.

LU had 14 hits in each game today. Kirby and Wagoner combined for 15 strikeouts. LU batters only struck out once in each game.
flamehunter liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:57 pm We score 2 in bottom of 7th to beat ECU 7-6. Keeney tied game with HR. Via went 4-4 and drove in game winner with infield single with bases loaded.Kirby picked up the win in relief with 3.2 innings, 1 run with 7 Ks.
Ballcoach, was this from an eyewitness account, or were you "monitoring the game from your phone"? :dontgetit My sources say you left after the 3rd inning and headed home to Gretna. :shock:
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: March 7th, 2021, 7:18 am
ballcoach15 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:57 pm We score 2 in bottom of 7th to beat ECU 7-6. Keeney tied game with HR. Via went 4-4 and drove in game winner with infield single with bases loaded.Kirby picked up the win in relief with 3.2 innings, 1 run with 7 Ks.
Ballcoach, was this from an eyewitness account, or were you "monitoring the game from your phone"? :dontgetit My sources say you left after the 3rd inning and headed home to Gretna. :shock:
We’ve already determined that he’s a BAD LUCK charm. And it appears that LU’s rally occurred shortly after your sources say he departed. Thus providing some validation
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 9:50 am Whatever it takes to get a rally going, I will do it.🥎
To be fair, Ballcoach was there for all 19 runs in the first game, and most of his time was spent outside eating :popcorn
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, the Old Men's Club said they never saw you today. Were you watching the game indoors again from your glass bunker? :dontgetit
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty swept Longwood in a DH today, 8-0 and 7-2. Madison Via had grand slam HR in game 1. Keeney pitched a 1-hitter with 7 Ks.
In game 2, Bishop, Channell, and Bishop-Riley had home runs. Naomi Jones pitched 3 2/3 hitless innings in relief, with 7 Ks.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 9th, 2021, 11:31 pm Liberty swept Longwood in a DH today, 8-0 and 7-2. Madison Via had grand slam HR in game 1. Keeney pitched a 1-hitter with 7 Ks.
In game 2, Bishop, Channell, and Bishop-Riley had home runs. Naomi Jones pitched 3 2/3 hitless innings in relief, with 7 Ks.
Game one was 0-0 going to the bottom of the 6th. LU scored 8 to run-rule them, walking off on Via's GS. I was disappointed game 2 didn't end the same way with us leaving the bases loaded in the bottom of the 6th in that one.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I missed the first game because I was working, but Ballcoach claims that he was OUTSIDE for both games of the double header. He told me how many total innings, but it was too much math for me to remember. :dontgetit
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]