The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Fighting Irish come to Lynchburg this weekend. First game will be Friday at 12:30. This might be the "biggest" home game in LU sports history.
Dr, Falwell said when he founded the school, "someday we will beat Notre Dame in Lynchburg". Now granted he was probably talking about football, but with ND coming to Lynchburg for softball, it's still a big deal. Dr. Falwell will be looking down from Heaven smiling.
flamehunter, LU 57 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is Ballcoach's second thread about LU playing Notre Dame, so he must be really excited about that game! :pbjtime
And welcome back, Ballcoach. :welcome I think this is your first post since Feb. 13th and then you went dark after that. Had you been in jail or something? :jail
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: February 24th, 2021, 3:57 pm This is Ballcoach's second thread about LU playing Notre Dame, so he must be really excited about that game! :pbjtime
And welcome back, Ballcoach. :welcome I think this is your first post since Feb. 13th and then you went dark after that. Had you been in jail or something? :jail
Many "youngsters" don't realize how big this game is .

I commend ND softball for accepting the invitation to play at Liberty. some schools have declined to come to Lynchburg to play
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 24th, 2021, 4:06 pm
Many "youngsters" don't realize how big this game is .
Still in my 50s (for 4 more months!), so I probably resemble that remark. 8)
By Dalegarz1
This does not appear to be a very strong Irish team. They are currently 3-4 and were blasted by Alabama 10-0. They also lost twice to Duke. I don't think this is the caliber of a Notre Dame team that Doc envisioned coming to Lynchburg and getting beat by the Flames. This is a big game because it's Notre Dame, not because they are an elite team.
ballcoach15 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I caught the end of the Villanova game. We tried to give it away with a couple of wild pitches/passed balls in the top of the8th. Fortunately Autumn Bishop plays for Liberty! She had 3 RBIs. And sis drove in the game winner with a grounder to short.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Dalegarz1
Happy with the two wins today although Notre Dame is not a top team and Villanova has yet to win. It makes a big difference when Autumn Bishop (or anyone else) can get on base before Amber comes up. Teams have to be reluctant to pitch around her then. This is particularly true if first base is occupied. If Autumn had been on second base then I don't think Amber sees a strike.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Actually Doc wanted us to be for evangelicals what Notre Dame is for Catholics and BYU is for Mormons, and part of that is going into South Bend and whipping Notre Dame - in football, and Doc did mention something about someone taking his casket there for it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: February 26th, 2021, 9:23 pm Doc did mention something about someone taking his casket there for it.
WHAT??? :dontgetit I've never heard that story in my life, and I've been at LU 36 years. :football :fbplayer
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Granted, I think he said Christian, not evangelical. Other than the one where McEnroe, Roddick, and Blake, spoke a couple years ago, I haven't been to a Convo in over 10 years...and its been over 15 since I was at one where Doc himself spoke
thepostman liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 26th, 2021, 11:24 pm I think he said Evangelical but yeah, it's been a long time. We are getting old.
Yes, we are - but still a long way from joining Cider's Old Men's Club, so that does make me feel somewhat better
thepostman liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: February 27th, 2021, 9:04 am Yes, we are - but still a long way from joining Cider's Old Men's Club, so that does make me feel somewhat better
Slow down, young man. I'm only an honorary member. You can't officially join TF's Old Men's Club until you are 60 years old, and I'm not there yet.

Of course Ballcoach has been a member for a decade.
ballcoach15, ATrain liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]