The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As i think ahead to the 2021 season, if all the seniors, but one return, plus a good incoming recruiting class, we should be loaded. It will be interesting as to next season's non conference schedule, compared to the 2020 schedule. We played the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation, with 4 or 5 freshmen in starting lineup. Playing the best teams in the country prepared us for ASUN play, even though it never got played. ( I expect another good tough schedule next season)
Against non P5 conference teams, we went 8-0, with a .415 batting average and a 1.43 ERA by the pitching staff.
Anything short of NCAA tournament appearance in 2021 will be a disappointment, in my opinion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You bring up a good point. What will be done with 2020 stats? Will they be vacated? Can they really be counted? Is it really fair to have a player be able to count 4 plus years in their stat totals?
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 13th, 2020, 4:03 pm You bring up a good point. What will be done with 2020 stats? Will they be vacated? Can they really be counted? Is it really fair to have a player be able to count 4 plus years in their stat totals?
Players who qualify for a medical redshirt have always been able to "keep" the stats they accumulated before getting injured. Caleb Homesly was putting up monster numbers for 9 or 10 games as a SO before he got hurt, and it all counts. I realize in the case of softball and baseball this year you are talking about quite a few extra games, and none of those players have to rehab from an ACL. I could see using the Roger Maris asterisk if records are broken due to the extra games.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would guess the 2020 stats will be counted. There's no past history to compare something like this to, for softball or baseball. But it would be hard just to throw the 2020 stats in the trash can
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: April 13th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 13th, 2020, 4:03 pm You bring up a good point. What will be done with 2020 stats? Will they be vacated? Can they really be counted? Is it really fair to have a player be able to count 4 plus years in their stat totals?
Players who qualify for a medical redshirt have always been able to "keep" the stats they accumulated before getting injured. Caleb Homesly was putting up monster numbers for 9 or 10 games as a SO before he got hurt, and it all counts. I realize in the case of softball and baseball this year you are talking about quite a few extra games, and none of those players have to rehab from an ACL. I could see using the Roger Maris asterisk if records are broken due to the extra games.
They are going to have to do something. Roger Maris though became the standard due to the amount of games in a season being increased.
Your basketball analogy is a good one
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty announced today that 19 spring sports seniors will return next season. I don't know yet who they are, but I am working on getting the list.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: April 16th, 2020, 9:53 pm Amber Bishop and Kayla Harris will be back.
Having Amber back is huge. I would imagine she will slide over to 1b.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read today on a softball website (can't recall which one), 2020 stats will count, toward career totals for each player.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
While some were searching for a new president the past 2 days, the Ole Men's Club was at LU softball stadium, watching 2 intrasquad scrimmages.
With all 2020 starters returning, and a strong freshman class, 2021 season looks promising.
The 2 freshman pitchers looked great for their first time facing college hitters. This team will have more depth, than any LU team ever.

Two notable players did not return. Kayla Harris and Gabi Ruiz. Ruiz transferred to a school in Florida. Plus a couple others didn't return.
As of now, NCAA and ASUN are not allowing a fall season, other than intrasquad games. Boo, boo, boo
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Does the right to re-do 2020 in 2021 mean EVERY team in US will have greater-than-usual depth?
Purple Haize liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: August 26th, 2020, 9:36 am Does the right to re-do 2020 in 2021 mean EVERY team in US will have greater-than-usual depth?
Theoretically, but I suspect many of them simply will not be able to afford that and will need to let some players go and/or cut back on the number they sign this year and possibly the next 2 or 3 years as well.

I don't know if this is possible/legal, but I believe the NCAA has a pretty substantial chunk of cash, mainly from their lucrative March Madness TV deal. Maybe they could subsidize the extra scholarships?

Another interesting result of this is that there will be a bunch of athletes who will end up playing 5 years. Records will almost certainly fall. Asterisk time?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking this COVID mess will help some teams and hurt others. Remains to be seen. Liberty appears to be in really good shape, for the next several seasons. With all the talent we have now, there's even more on the way in 22 & 23.

I can't see the NCAA giving a dime to softball or baseball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
2021 Roster

1 Blake Gibson OF Freshman/Dothan, AL
2 Savannah Channell SS Freshman/Keystone Hgts, FL
4 Naomi Jones P Freshman/Lynchburg, VA
6 Megan Hodum OF Freshman/Stantonville, TN
7 Mary Clarie Wilson OF Freshman/Vestavia Hills, AL
8 Karlie Keeney P Freshman/Providence, KY
9 Emily Sweat OF Junior/McDonough, GA
10 Kara Canetto OF Sophmore/Sylvania, GA
11 Devyn Howard UTL Junior/Tarpon Springs, FL
12 Emily Kirby P Junior/Greenville, NC
13 Madison Via OF Junior/Roanoke, VA
14 Caroline Hudson C Freshman/Paris, TN
20 Raye Green INF Freshman/Jetersville, VA
21 McKenzie Wagoner P Freshman/Newcastle, OK
22 Denay Griffin INF Sophmore/San Antonio, TX
23 Macy Wallace C Freshman/Clarksville, TN
24 Megan Johnson P Junior/Vinita, OK
27 Kastin Belogorska P Eden, GA
61 Autumn Bishop 1B Senior/Murrieta, CA
72 Amber Bishop 2B Senior/Murrieta, CA
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No one from Appomattox? They can’t be that good :D
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 26th, 2020, 3:30 pm No one from Appomattox? They can’t be that good :D
Maybe the Appomattox girls are not getting coached up, for D1.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They were undefeated last year
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure ballcoach will be out there scouting as soon as they start playing again.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
On 22 October, the softball intrasquad scrimmage will be livestreamed.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
I had a quick conversation with Coach Dot and she shared a little info about the ‘21 season. The girls are playing an SEC opponent in my backyard.

@ballcoach15 I’ll reserve the upstairs suite if you want to make the trip.
ballcoach15, alabama24 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]