The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
We play the following teams in this weekend's games. Their current records are listed.

Rhode Island (4-14)
Albany (6-5)
Northern Illinois (7-13)
UMass (4-7)
Binghamton (3-12)

A combined record of 24-51!

It's like the anti- schedule of the start of the season!
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I reviewed stats for each of the 5 teams last night. One team has a good pitcher. I believe it's UMASS. We need to go 5-0 and enter conference play on a roll.
Kennesaw, our first conference opponent is 21-4, but they have not played as tough of schedule as we have. But I think the Owls beat Auburn.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on March 9th, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalegarz1 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm By the way BC- I'm coming down this weekend to catch the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we'll run into each other.
Bring hand sanitizer :lol: :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm By the way BC- I'm coming down this weekend to catch the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we'll run into each other.
I'll be sitting near the Ole Men's Club, behind LU dugout.
By Dalegarz1
Purple Haize » March 10th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Dalegarz1 wrote: ↑March 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
By the way BC- I'm coming down this weekend to catch the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we'll run into each other.

PH-you should know that nothing in New Jersey is sanitary.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 7:04 pm Purple Haize » March 10th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Dalegarz1 wrote: ↑March 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
By the way BC- I'm coming down this weekend to catch the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we'll run into each other.

PH-you should know that nothing in New Jersey is sanitary.
Good point. If you can survive drinking the water in Jersey you’re fine. :D However, ballcoach is a whole other level. Haha
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Softball and baseball canceled thru at least April 5.
Canceling basketball tournament is one thing, but canceling softball is on another level for me.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Both are getting married this summer. It would surprise me if they came back. I hate it that NCAA wiped out their chance to rewrite the LU softball record book.
But next year's team should be really good.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 8:35 pm Both are getting married this summer. It would surprise me if they came back. I hate it that NCAA wiped out their chance to rewrite the LU softball record book.
But next year's team should be really good.
Actually, it was the ASUN conference that cancelled the season. The NCAA only controls their tournament. I wouldn't be so sure about one or both of them not coming back. What kind of a jerk would a husband have to be to not support his wife in taking advantage of a second chance to pursue her dream? That's not even talking about the benefit of getting a master's degree paid for by scholarship.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
by your senior year, dreams change... it is possible they will be pursuing their dream.. the dream of being a wife and having a career. Another year of 6:00 am wake up calls and dealing with all the things involved in playing a college sport may deter more seniors from staying than people think. Next year you will have 5th year Juniors leaving because they will be done, mentally & physically. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out across the country. The portal is going to be very busy.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Eighty wrote: March 14th, 2020, 8:22 am by your senior year, dreams change... it is possible they will be pursuing their dream.. the dream of being a wife and having a career. Another year of 6:00 am wake up calls and dealing with all the things involved in playing a college sport may deter more seniors from staying than people think. Next year you will have 5th year Juniors leaving because they will be done, mentally & physically. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out across the country. The portal is going to be very busy.
Being a women’s college softball player has always been ballcoach’s dream He can’t imagine someone having another one
ATrain liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Eighty wrote: March 14th, 2020, 8:22 am by your senior year, dreams change... it is possible they will be pursuing their dream.. the dream of being a wife and having a career. Another year of 6:00 am wake up calls and dealing with all the things involved in playing a college sport may deter more seniors from staying than people think. Next year you will have 5th year Juniors leaving because they will be done, mentally & physically. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out across the country. The portal is going to be very busy.
There are multiple possibilities, and it's obviously a personal decision for each student-athlete involved. It is certainly possible to pursue more than one dream at once. While it's not the norm for college athletes to get married while still competing, it's not that unusual either, and the rules permit a stipend for off campus housing and food in lieu of room and board, plus LU pays a FCOA stipend of $6,000 a year. Pursuit of career goals and dreams generally includes education, so another degree (or progress toward it) paid for by scholarship, may be a more than acceptable trade-off for a lot of athletes who are career focused. The thing that really separates an elite softball player from a MBB or baseball player in making a decision like this is the fact that the opportunity to make any substantial amount of $$ playing professionally is not a part of the equation.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2020, 9:13 am
Being a women’s college softball player has always been ballcoach’s dream He can’t imagine someone having another one
Thank's man. I just had to change my tidy whitys because I spit up coffee all over them.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: March 14th, 2020, 9:45 am
Thank's man. I just had to change my tidy whitys because I spit up coffee all over them.
Might I recommend an upgrade

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-buck ... ers-briefs
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: March 14th, 2020, 10:57 am
oldflame wrote: March 14th, 2020, 9:45 am

Might I recommend an upgrade

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-buck ... ers-briefs
Nah. It wouldn't be the same when I do this:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes.

It appears they could have only one service at 9:15. The email I got was confusing. It never said just "one service".
Used the term livestreaming too much. Some older folks don't know what livestreaming is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 14th, 2020, 7:04 pm Yes.

It appears they could have only one service at 9:15. The email I got was confusing. It never said just "one service".
Used the term livestreaming too much. Some older folks don't know what livestreaming is.
I refrained from a joke about old dudes and streaming.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]