The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
When we take the field Thursday vs Alabama, the Tide will be on a 3 game losing streak. They lose twice to FSU and lost to UNC this past weekend. I've got to research on how they lost to UNC. That's unbelievable.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Worried about the pitching. Only struck out 9 in 33 innings or 9 of 132 batters. So far, pitching stats are fairly dismal. Hitting is struggling as well. Hopefully, running the gauntlet will have its payoff later in the year. ASUN will be as competitive this year as last when we were picked to finish first as well.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Dalegarz1
The big news for Bama is that they get back their catcher Abby Doerr just in time to play against us. She is a power hitting lefty with a cannon for an arm. I think we will be playing against a team with something to prove. They were pre-season #1 in some polls and have gotten off to a rough start.
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 5:45 am I can only imagine what this exhibition did to the confidence level of our pitching staff.
Dot is going to have her work cut out for her keeping morale up for this stretch of games, and she has no one to blame but herself for scheduling so many powerhouse teams with a totally untested pitching staff.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This is a tough schedule, but to reach the "next level", we have to play P5 teams. I recall in previous years, we beat up on Morgan State and TN-Chattanooga in Clermont to open the season, which really didn't prepare us for "next level".
In order to win in NCAA Post season, we have to be exposed to the best teams in the country. last weekend, we did a good job of bouncing back after losing our first 4 games. We played well in the win over Ole Miss. We did not look like an 0-4 team.

Many of these teams we're playing early in season, will be the teams we will see in Women's College World Series come May or June. The pitching staff will get better as season progresses. We are starting 5 freshmen. This exposure to Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, UCLA, Washington and FSU will pay dividends down the road.
thesportscritic liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 10:10 am This is a tough schedule, but to reach the "next level", we have to play P5 teams. I recall in previous years, we beat up on Morgan State and TN-Chattanooga in Clermont to open the season, which really didn't prepare us for "next level".
In order to win in NCAA Post season, we have to be exposed to the best teams in the country. last weekend, we did a good job of bouncing back after losing our first 4 games. We played well in the win over Ole Miss. We did not look like an 0-4 team.

Many of these teams we're playing early in season, will be the teams we will see in Women's College World Series come May or June. The pitching staff will get better as season progresses. We are starting 5 freshmen. This exposure to Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, UCLA, Washington and FSU will pay dividends down the road.
Possibly, but again, that depends to a large extent on whether they can maintain morale and confidence in the face of multiple crushing defeats, and although I hope they prove me wrong, it's looking more and more like that is what we are looking at. If scheduling like this was some sort of sure fire path to conference and post season success, every mid major coach would be trying to do it. There are reasons they aren't, although admittedly not all of them have Dot's connections.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 1:36 pm Many mid major teams probably don't have budget that we have, thus they stay in their backyard.
That's really not true. Almost all of them go to Florida early in the season like we do. They don't schedule a murderer's row schedule like this one because they don't see the overall benefit of getting beaten up game after game. In past years we have scheduled several P5 games every year and I'm sure we benefited from facing tough competition. IMHO Dot has gone overboard with it this year. We shall see.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Final, Alabama 7 Liberty 1. We played them even for first 3 innings , at 1-1. Bama out hit us 8-7. Difference in game was 2 out hitting. Tide scored 5 of their runs with 2 outs, while we could not get the 2 out hit. We had our opportunities , but didn't convert them into runs.
thesportscritic liked this
By Dalegarz1
It's not going to get any easier! Having been through this as a college coach, experience taught me to have a balanced schedule. IMHO, you should definitely play teams that are at the next level while mixing in teams that are on your level and even one or two below. The psyche of an athlete is a real thing and it may sound good to say we have to play P5 teams but the effects of the imbalance this year is potentially devastating. Time will tell. You have to experience winning in order to expect it to happen again. Unfortunately, experiencing losing can reinforce those outcomes as well.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]