The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 30th, 2019, 11:43 am Ballcoach always wants to know about safe place to ride his bike, esp. if they are near water.
Is he incapable of speaking for himself? Are you his agent ? You already do his homework for him! :D
ballcoach15 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 11:42 am I want to know what traffic is like getting across the long bridge from Tampa to Clearwater ? I believe it's Route 60.
It depends what time of the day. I'd avoid from 3pm to 5pm but other then that it isnt too bad.

Traffic in Tampa Bay as a whole is pretty awful during morning and afternoon rush hours (7am to 9am and 3pm to 6pm)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 30th, 2019, 4:42 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: December 30th, 2019, 11:42 am I want to know what traffic is like getting across the long bridge from Tampa to Clearwater ? I believe it's Route 60.
It depends what time of the day. I'd avoid from 3pm to 5pm but other then that it isnt too bad.

Traffic in Tampa Bay as a whole is pretty awful during morning and afternoon rush hours (7am to 9am and 3pm to 6pm)
Thanks for the traffic report. I hope to just make one trip in and one trip out of Clearwater, during non rush hour.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach needs to check with his "sources."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: January 7th, 2020, 1:14 pm Ballcoach needs to check with his "sources."
You don’t want accurate information? :D
By BlueBlood
BTW - the Moore Softball Complex is right down the street from the Phillies Spring Training complex. Its too bad that pitchers and catchers report a week after this event. Otherwise, those who went could catch some MLB action too. You still might see some players around. A decent number of players and coaches own or rent homes in the area and frequent the local restaurants.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: January 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm BTW - the Moore Softball Complex is right down the street from the Phillies Spring Training complex. Its too bad that pitchers and catchers report a week after this event. Otherwise, those who went could catch some MLB action too. You still might see some players around. A decent number of players and coaches own or rent homes in the area and frequent the local restaurants.
But it’s the Phillies. So it’s a notch below real MLB action.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 4:52 pm
But it’s the Phillies. So it’s a notch below real MLB action.
JK has jokes! :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:03 pm I'd like to know what our pitchers are hitting on the "gun". Is anyone throwing consistently in the 66-70 range?
One @ 66, one @ 67.

Outfielder Alexis Erich has given up softball.

Former LU pitcher Bralyn Cooper who transferred to Maryland, is no longer with Terps.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: January 10th, 2020, 2:56 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: January 10th, 2020, 2:01 pm Send me a PM and I will reply
So this must be "Club" only info?
I am not a "Club" member. But you gave me an idea. I should get a college softball website, and start charging for information.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 11th, 2020, 12:17 pm I should get a college softball website, and start charging for information.
Now Ballcoach has JOKES. :lol: :rofl
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I visited campus today and watched softball practice. Thought the pitchers threw ball well. During intras quad practice, Hudson and Griffin had monster HRs.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]