The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Read today that NCAA is considering rule changes pertaining to pitching. They deal mostly with pitchers taking the sign and then toeing the rubber. New rule will require pitcher to take sign on the rubber and then delivering the pitch. Under current rules, they were taking signs behind rubber, then get a walking start towards the plate.

I wish NCAA would ban wrist bands.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 29th, 2019, 10:20 pm Ban wrist bands? Please explain.
It has something to do with toeing the rubber into a pitch with a sign.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Or, maybe the wrist bands are used by the catchers in calling pitches.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Wrist bands are used by pitchers, catchers and batters. Coaches flash numbers to player, who looks at wrist band to see what pitch to throw. Coach flashes or yells out number to batter to put on a play.

I like traditional signs
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I know what the wrist bands are used for. Your explanation as to why you don't like them is what I expected but sticking to something because "it is how its always been done" is a mindset that has never set well with me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Why? I'll speak on baseball because I follow it kich more closely than softball but baseball is struggling to connect with youth. If the sport is to survive they will need to come up with ways to change things if not it'll disappear into history eventually all in the name of tradition.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was at a Hillcats game last night that went extra innings, and in minor league ball, they put a runner on 2nd base to start an inning in hopes he will score sooner that way. Do you like or hate that idea, ballcoach?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 9:54 pm I believe these changes are good changes. Should eliminate a few pitchers gaining an advantage .

Now if they would ban wrist bands.
If I recall correctly, you are on record as saying how terrible you think sign stealing is. Why would you be against something that prevents it? With the wrist bands, a team can basically have a completely different set of signs for each game, or even change during a game. In the past, you maybe had one alternate set of signs. Anything more than that becomes too much for players and coaches to keep track of. The wrist bands reduce mistakes and increase "security". Sounds like a win-win to me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: July 26th, 2019, 8:57 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 9:54 pm I believe these changes are good changes. Should eliminate a few pitchers gaining an advantage .

Now if they would ban wrist bands.
If I recall correctly, you are on record as saying how terrible you think sign stealing is. Why would you be against something that prevents it? With the wrist bands, a team can basically have a completely different set of signs for each game, or even change during a game. In the past, you maybe had one alternate set of signs. Anything more than that becomes too much for players and coaches to keep track of. The wrist bands reduce mistakes and increase "security". Sounds like a win-win to me.
Yes but you also use logic and reason
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 2:27 pm When I coached, I prided myself as a sign stealer.
The truth finally surfaces. :fineprint Ballcoach doesn't like wrist bands because he can't steal signs off of them! :shock:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One of ballcoach's sources, who has coached for over 50 years and won many championships, is terribly disapponted to learn that ballcoach is a sign stealer. This source says sign stealing is usually reserved for rookie coaches, who have to rely on deception rather than coaching ability. In other words, stealing signs is NOT coaching them up! :nono
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]