The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Did Coach Dot red shirt anybody this year?
Chippy wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Did Coach Dot red shirt anybody this year?
Cassidy Young (INF) and I believe Braelyn Cooper (P) who pitched a couple innings earlier in the year but not sure if this was injury related.
I have absolutely no inside info on Cooper, but she pitched well enough in the chances she got early (best ERA and lowest opponents BA on the staff) that it doesn't seem to make sense she would have been completely shut down for the last 2/3 of the season if there were not some sort of injury.
Would they need to sit out a year before they could play?
No, unless they have changed the rules. The very liberal NCAA basically encourages softball players to transfer. NCAA is destroying the integrity of softball, with their stupid transfer polices.
Players should not be allowed to transfer, except in extreme situations, I.e. family problems at home, that requires player to be closer to family.
ballcoach15 wrote:No, unless they have changed the rules. The very liberal NCAA basically encourages softball players to transfer. NCAA is destroying the integrity of softball, with their stupid transfer polices.
Players should not be allowed to transfer, except in extreme situations, I.e. family problems at home, that requires player to be closer to family.
So unless we get experienced transfers to pitch for us, we will be dependent of freshmen next year.
ballcoach15 wrote:I hear a transfer to UVA is on the horizon .
Who wouldn't transfer to UVa if they had the opportunity. Since we have spent 40 years building or sports and campus rather than developing our academics, a diploma from a strong school will take you farther than an LU diploma and a good sports experience will.
That could be debatable. It depends on career field one enters. A degree doesn't guarantee success , no matter the school.

The 2 most successful people I know, never set foot in a college classroom. They have a combined 67,000,000 dollars, plus real estate.
You're right,school doesn't equal success but certain schools can give you a head start. With anything, it is up to that individual to take advantage of it. I would dare say UVA would give almost anyone a head start on those at LU. Doesn't mean it'll work out in the end for them but it certianly helps.
And yet some of Ballcoach's best friends are UVa alumni. Study
Chippy wrote: June 11th, 2019, 8:38 pm
ballcoach15 wrote:No, unless they have changed the rules. The very liberal NCAA basically encourages softball players to transfer. NCAA is destroying the integrity of softball, with their stupid transfer polices.
So unless we get experienced transfers to pitch for us, we will be dependent of freshmen next year.
For those who love and understand the NCAA's transfer rules, I have a question. If a player enters Transfer Portal and doesn't get signed by another school, do they return to their original school or give up softball, (or whatever sport they play). In reviewing the updated Softball Portal this morning, I noticed the majority of players who have entered portal are "unsigned" by a new school.
Posty, is there anyway you can make those links darker? A white link on a light gray background is almost impossible to see.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]