The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
I just figured it out. We won our regional, now we have to go to Fort Collins for the championship.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Too much time on my hands :? Looks like UTA has played a very difficult schedule. Beat Baylor 2X, Oklahoma State and Arkansas all ranked teams. Lost to UCLA 2-1, 2X to a ranked Texas Tech and a ranked ULL 3X in conference play and then again in Sun Belt tournament and a loss to Texas and Texas A&M (both unranked at the time). Overall, 4-8 against ranked teams. We were 1-6. Should be a fun game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I studied their schedule and statistics page this afternoon. UTA is a hard team to figure out. The thing that stood out the most to me was their pitching staff doesn't appear to be all that good. ERA over 3 and not many strikeouts.
I like our chances if we hit the ball good in key situations. As the VT coach said in Roanoke paper: key to post season is pitching, defense and situational hitting.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
McCracken is in route to the game. He's driving to Colorado and was in Illinois last night. I still can't believe that Ballcoach didn't man up and make the trip. :oops:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I would've chosen the ASUN baseball tournament over the NISC, but good on him. I am not sure how he is getting all these funds haha.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I would've chosen the ASUN baseball tournament over the NISC, but good on him. I am not sure how he is getting all these funds haha.
You may not WANT to know. :lol:

But he now has certainly replaced ballcoach as Softball’s biggest fan
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I sometimes think that the AD is bankrolling him with a job and very liberal vacation time since he is becoming quite a face for Liberty athletics from a fan perspective. some of his antics are quite annoying but you can't fault his devotion.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I would've chosen the ASUN baseball tournament over the NISC, but good on him. I am not sure how he is getting all these funds haha.
Probably not too bad. I'm sure the Beemer is a gas-sipper.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:I'm sure the Beemer convertable is a gas-sipper.
FIFY--I wonder if Ballcoach asked if he could ride shotgun and pay him in Army surplus sunblock and MRE meals?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If this was NCAA tournament, I'd be on the road.

I drove an estimated 4,575 miles to watch LU softball this season. (9,150 round trip)

What's another couple thousand miles.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
With all due respect, the NISC tournament seems more important than the one you attended at Texas A&M, or did you go to that one just because it was an SEC school?
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 22nd, 2019, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Those were regular season games that had bearing on our RPI and W-L record, which were important factors in getting into NCAA tournament. Plus, I travel to southern states every chance I get.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Those were regular season games that had bearing on our RPI and W-L record, which were important factors in getting into NCAA tournament. Plus, I travel to southern states every chance I get.
But THIS is for a National Championship
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A student from Colorado told me that it was SNOWING in Denver this week! :rainy
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
I hope we win the NISC, but to me this season was a failure by not winning the ASUN. we seem to backslide toward the end of the season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It is well known that we stopped hitting late in season. I have yet to understand why.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m with smooth. Sure, let’s win it. Be the best at whatever we do. But that won’t completely remove the taste of disappointment.

BC - I don’t think we consistently got well at all. Wasn’t just a late season slump to me.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Did a cursory look at UT Arlington ahead of tonight's matchup.

THeir leading hitter is at .437 but has zero home runs and 8 extra base hits of the 86 hits total. Their leading home run hitters have only 5 each, but they gave 153 team strikeouts in 1,624 total at bats. Looking at their top two pitchers who likely will go this weekend, their top pitcher as far as wins are concerned has a 3.35 ERA and 75 strikeouts in 198 innings pitched. Their top pitcher in ERA is at 2.92 with 33 strikeouts in 98 innings pitched
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Slow junk ball pitchers seem to give us more trouble than flamethrowers. We struggle hitting off speed stuff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Slow junk ball pitchers seem to give us more trouble than flamethrowers. We struggle hitting off speed stuff.
[youtube]gndH9mhHPk0[/youtube]

Ok this new YouTube thing is killing me

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU ladies are leading 5-0 in the third inning, thanks to a 3-run dinger by Autumn Bishop.

box score: https://uncbears.com/sidearmstats/softball/summary
New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]