The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 9-8. Had tying run on leading off 7th, but bunted into DP.

Our worst game of season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They probably just wanted to be done
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:They probably just wanted to be done

Don't think so. In interviews this week, team seemed fired up and ready to win. For some reason, our pitching wasn't sharp. We gave up 15 hits, and only struck out 2.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
According to a couple individuals who were at game, errors killed us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:

Don't think so. In interviews this week, team seemed fired up and ready to win. For some reason, our pitching wasn't sharp. We gave up 15 hits, and only struck out 2.
Yeah, because in an interview they are really going to say how they feel
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:According to a couple individuals who were at game, errors killed us.
. . . . and giving up 15 hits. 6 of the 9 runs were earned.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe 8 of the 9 runs were scored with 2 outs. In addition to errors that showed up in box score, there were some mental errors, that didn't show in box score.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose to Iowa State 7-2. If someone had told me we would allow 16 runs in 2 games, I would have said we will not allow 16 baserunners in 2 games. Pitching carried us all season, but didn't have it in Colorado.

I can't wait til fall season and new recruits arrive.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, we "chased the lion". Unfortunately, we caught it, and it ate us for lunch.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Well, we "chased the lion". Unfortunately, we caught it, and it ate us for lunch.
I think the lion was in the NCAA tournament. This was more like a bobcat and it scratched our eyes out.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
This season was suppose to be our breakout year where we were going to win the ASUN, host/win a regional, be ranked and put LU on the SB map . . . . very disappointing end to a disappointing year for a great bunch of ladies and coaches. I believe next year's crop of incoming will eventually get us there - talent is on its way.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:

Don't think so. In interviews this week, team seemed fired up and ready to win...
Or not.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In the regional , our pitching was outstanding and defense was good. 1 error in 3 games. In Colorado pitching was worst in 4 years. It almost seemed as if batters knew what pitch was coming.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In the regional , our pitching was outstanding and defense was good. 1 error in 3 games. In Colorado pitching was worst in 4 years. It almost seemed as if batters knew what pitch was coming.
They must have had a "scouting report".
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:In the regional , our pitching was outstanding and defense was good. 1 error in 3 games. In Colorado pitching was worst in 4 years. It almost seemed as if batters knew what pitch was coming.
They must have had a "scouting report".
#sources
By Dalegarz1
On one level, the season was disappointing. We didn't meet expectations as far as wins and losses, conference standing and tournament performance. However, having spoken to DR in the past and having listened to all of her interviews, I am confident that the life lessons and subsequent spiritual growth of the players and staff were at a championship level. In the end, that trumps our winning percentage. Not an excuse or rationalization for expectations not being met-just a priority check (starting with myself).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hate to say it, but this years team will always be remembered for not living up to expectations, NCAA tournament bid at the very minimum.
By Dalegarz1
by ballcoach15 » May 26th, 2019, 8:06 pm
Hate to say it, but this years team will always be remembered for not living up to expectations, NCAA tournament bid at the very minimum.

Do you ever look beyond wins and losses?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Yes, but not now.
Now I’m just curious. So, When?
By CarolinaBlue
ballcoach15 wrote:Hate to say it, but this years team will always be remembered for not living up to expectations, NCAA tournament bid at the very minimum.
Rumor says some Juniors and Seniors didn’t want to play in the NISC. Two Juniors didn’t make the trip to Colorado. Team culture deteriorated at the end of the season. Next years freshman class should help. Next years team will be athletic and extremely young. This will cause some growing pains. Should get better at Catcher ( McFarland never hit over .220) 3rd & SS ( Amader & Robertson ) had close to 30 errors. Hitting was an issue all year. We had 24 home runs and most of our competition had 40-80 home runs. Amber Bishop was the only real power threat. Pitching was great all year with the exception of NISC. 4th ERA in the country. We will be young at pitching as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CarolinaBlue wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Hate to say it, but this years team will always be remembered for not living up to expectations, NCAA tournament bid at the very minimum.
Rumor says some Juniors and Seniors didn’t want to play in the NISC. Two Juniors didn’t make the trip to Colorado. Team culture deteriorated at the end of the season. Next years freshman class should help. Next years team will be athletic and extremely young. This will cause some growing pains. Should get better at Catcher ( McFarland never hit over .220) 3rd & SS ( Amader & Robertson ) had close to 30 errors. Hitting was an issue all year. We had 24 home runs and most of our competition had 40-80 home runs. Amber Bishop was the only real power threat. Pitching was great all year with the exception of NISC. 4th ERA in the country. We will be young at pitching as well.
But what do I know
ballcoach15 wrote:

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Next season's defense will be better. We will get more offensive production from at least 3 positions, than we did this season.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]