The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I agree not necessarilly home run hitters thats why i said “drive the ball”. I didnt watch nearly as much as you all but what i saw was 2 hitters maybe 3 that could drive the ball against good teams.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Losing Canetto really hurt us late in season.
Yes and last year it was Zavodny. Hopefully we stay healthy next year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:
And the year before it was Emily Sweat. 3 seasons, 3 outfielders lost.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
And the year before it was Emily Sweat. 3 seasons, 3 outfielders lost.
. . .and Sweat never recaptured her form from her freshmen year, hitting .300+ and starting 40+ games. Hopefully Canetto won't have the same issues next year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well it looks like the bats still haven't come to life. Ballcoach, what is your theory as to what the hitting trouble is?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Well it looks like the bats still haven't come to life. Ballcoach, what is your theory as to what the hitting trouble is?
It seems to be a systemic thing. What needs to Change?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
11 runs in the last 8 games. Half of them were "gifts" (ie, walks and errors). We have a top 25 pitching corps. Its a shame as we may never have this quality of pitching again. Hope I'm wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are in a slump as a team. Swinging at bad pitches. Not squaring barrel of bat on ball. Too many weak grounders and pop ups.

We did hit 3 or 4 balls hard, and outfielders made good play on ball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Kent State beats GW 7-2. Kent St. Hit 2 three run homers. I believe both came with 2 outs.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
jinxy wrote:I would compare it to mbb. Veteran laden teams dont salvage their season by winning the NIT if they were already in the tourney the year before or last couple years. Again im no expert but i dont see the offense needed to go further. I said it the first 2 weeks of the season and it rang true. Just need more hitters that can drive the ball. The threat of it forces defenses to play different and forces pitchers to try to be more accurate and then causes mistakes.

For those that know softball recruiting more than me, are we not iding the right hitters, cant get them here, injuries, or What?
I have a theory on that. I don't think Dot recruits what JK37 once referred to here as "big boned" girls to the extent some coaches do.
I literally don’t recall ever saying anything of the sort. Doesn’t even sound like me. Who are you?! :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We are in a slump as a team. Swinging at bad pitches. Not squaring barrel of bat on ball. Too many weak grounders and pop ups.

We did hit 3 or 4 balls hard, and outfielders made good play on ball.
It seems they’ve been in a slump all year. Offensive outputs have been the exception not the norm. Sort of like reverse slumps
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Rutgers walked Bishop intentionally with runners on second and third. Ballcoach said that was good coaching, but LU still won 1-0. :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Rutgers walked Bishop intentionally with runners on second and third. Ballcoach said that was good coaching, but LU still won 1-0. :clapping
It sounds like the best strategy when you play Liberty is to throw strikes. Because apparently no one on the roster can hit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If it takes a based loaded walk to win a game, that's good coaching for LU, too. :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
For the most part, our hitting struggles have come against average pitchers. They are not coming against pitchers throwing 65 mph.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Rutgers walked Bishop intentionally with runners on second and third. Ballcoach said that was good coaching, but LU still won 1-0. :clapping
Pretty much anyone would have walked her with first base open. Thats a no-brainer. What makes ballcoach's "stratigery" unique is that he would have done it if the runners had been on first and second, or even with the bases loaded if we had a bit of a lead.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
GW eliminates App State 2-1. Marshall leads Rutgers 3-0 in inning #2.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I'm looking at stats and see the teams in this regional have hit anywhere between 49 and 76 HRs!! We have hit 23!! Hit 36 last year. On the flip side we have given up the fewest HRs of any team in the tournament. Can you imagine if we had some semblance of power to match our stellar pitching this year?
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]