The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Live stats for the Lipscomb/UNA game hasn't changed in 20 minutes. I assume it's raining? No score in the 10th, and both starting pitchers are still in there, which is GREAT for us. Megan Garst of UNA has already thrown 146 pitches.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
In the 11th..still no score and both starters still in
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes, lightening delay in B12. I think there is a rule if its lightening anywhere in Florida , they suspend play. Thundering and light rain now. Still 2 more ganes on tap for today.

Garst is at 187 pitches now. I hope this game goes all night and wears out both pitchers.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Between the weather and this marathon game, the tourney schedule is pretty much out the window.. I'm wondering if there is a curfew that could cut things short if it goes too late?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
General rule (not just in Florida) if I'm not mistaken is immediate suspension for lightning and wait 30 minutes from last known strike to prepare for a resumption of the game/match. High school and college probably have different nuances to the rule but I think that's the general practice
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:General rule (not just in Florida) if I'm not mistaken is immediate suspension for lightning and wait 30 minutes from last known strike to prepare for a resumption of the game/match. High school and college probably have different nuances to the rule but I think that's the general practice
There certainly is not a stoppage for lightning "anywhere in Florida" I would think ballcoach has spent enough time there to know just how far it is from Miami to Gainesville. I'm sure there is a specified distance. I believe it is 20 miles in VA. Of course for softball and baseball, as opposed to football and some other sports, you also have the issue of rain (even if there is no lightning) and field condition.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Still a good amount of red and yellow over Fort Myers according to the last weather map I looked at
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am in my hotel along I 75, it's been thundering and raining for quite sometime. Unless field drains good, the outfield is probably under water.

I think the standard rule for lightening delays is , " within 8 miles" of field.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb and N Alabama game has been suspended. Will resume at 8:00 a.m. Lipscomb has winning run on 2B with 2 outs, if I remember correctly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hope you brought enough quarters for the bed
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Hope you brought enough quarters for the bed
Why you gotta go ruining my morning BM with that visual?!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, the local paper said we scored 2 runs yesterday on a suicide squeeze. Is that correct?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, the local paper said we scored 2 runs yesterday on a suicide squeeze. Is that correct?
2 walks, HBP, infield single, squeeze play + 2 errors = 4 runs.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb ended things quickly this morning, as their first hitter when the game resumed singled to drive in the runner who had been on second since yesterday afternoon.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb vs N Alabama game ended at 8:02. ASUN waited 58 minutes to start next game. Tournament is already way behind schedule. They should have started next game immediately.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
58 minutes seems like a bit too much. I could understand 20 minutes between games. It is going to be a long day if softball. Ballcoach's dream come true!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There were probably media obligations for the 9:00 game which did not allow them to start it early. I would think it's not an issue if the weather is good today.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:There were probably media obligations for the 9:00 game which did not allow them to start it early. I would think it's not an issue if the weather is good today.
ballcoaches priorities > media obligations
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
North Florida beats North Alabama 5-2. UNA had 2 on and 1 out in bottom of 7th, but batter hit into 4-6-3 DP. UNA pitcher threw 194 pitches in Lipscomb game and 58 in relief today vs UNF.

252 pitches in less than 24 hours. Hope UNA has nice ride home.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]