The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will be the first person to agree that ASUN is much tougher than BSC, but we still should have won the tournament. In regular season, we beat Lipscomb 2 out of 3, and swept N Florida.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I will be the first person to agree that ASUN is much tougher than BSC, but we still should have won the tournament. In regular season, we beat Lipscomb 2 out of 3, and swept N Florida.
Substitute the word "could" for "should" and I would agree wholeheartedly. IMHO you throw the words "should have" around way too much. Lipscomb entered the ASUN tournament having won 10 in a row and 17 of 18. They were ranked 12 spots ahead of us. Saying we "should" have beaten them on a neutral field because we beat them 2 of 3 in Lynchburg months earlier is simply not accurate, and is insulting to them IMHO. Actually, it's really insulting to both teams.
By Lion1983
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, this is not rocket science. The ASUN is a much stronger softball conference than the Big South is. You should know that better than anyone else on this board. Lipscomb is ranked 40th in the country compared to Longwood ranked 74th. LU was ranked 52nd.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/ ... ftball-rpi

ASun average RPI is 115.75
Big South average is 165.55

The ASun will get stronger over the next few years and the Big South will stay about the same. That goes for pretty much all sports notes just softball.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There is still slim hope for an at large bid. Granted its slim, but its there.

I have heard we will host NISC regional if we're not in NCAA tournament.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
We're not going to be going to NCAAs this year. I believe we're going to host the "softball NIT" like we did a couple years ago.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:We're not going to be going to NCAAs this year. I believe we're going to host the "softball NIT" like we did a couple years ago.
We may (likely will) host a regional, but the finals this year will be held at a neutral site in Colorado.
https://www.womensnisc.com/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Colorado is a long drive from Lynchburg.

I just saw latest tournament projections. Not looking good for ASUN.

They are projecting 7 Big Ten teams to get in.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The reasons why we couldn’t produce returning virtually the same team elude me. But then again, it’s just harder than it’s ever been for coaches to motivate to the pursuit of excellence. This group overachieved in the minds of most last year. It seemed all season like they took a lot for granted coming into a new league. Pitching was enough to always give them a chance, but the hitting woes and poor timely defense always seemed to be nipping at our heels. All season long. Play with fire long enough, you’re liable to get burnt.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]