The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb beat FGCU 2-0 in first game of DH today. 2nd game 0-0 in 3rd inning. We need FGCU to win 2nd game today, and we'll be regular season champions.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb wins game 2, 4-2 to hand FGCU their 3rd straight loss, and knock them into 3rd place. Final game tomorrow.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Lipscomb now only needs to win a game today that means absolutely nothing to their opponent, and they will get the 1 seed despite having the same number of wins as us and losing 2 of 3 head to head. What a farce.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Lipscomb now only needs to win a game today that means absolutely nothing to their opponent, and they will get the 1 seed despite having the same number of wins as us and losing 2 of 3 head to head. What a farce.
Ballcoach is upset about this, too. Crybaby
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Lipscomb now only needs to win a game today that means absolutely nothing to their opponent, and they will get the 1 seed despite having the same number of wins as us and losing 2 of 3 head to head. What a farce.
FGCU did not pitch their best pitcher today. 0-0 8th inning.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
FGCU did not hit their best hitters either. 4 hits in 10 innings.

We just need to take our A game to tournament next week and win it. I not know all the seedings yet, but I think we still in good bracket.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:So we're not the best in the conference...big deal.
It is to Ballcoach. This is his world. :oldhag
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:So we're not the best in the conference...big deal.
That may well be the case. When it comes to softball, top to bottom, this is the strongest conference we could reasonably expect to play in. Being the 2 seed instead of the 1 is probably not a huge deal come tourney time. On a whole, the way the ASUN does things is a welcome change from KK and company, but IMHO this is one case where they have it wrong and the BSC has it right. Teams should not be rewarded for having their games cancelled. Making up games is not a practical option, especially in a league with the kind of travel distances the ASUN has. Determining seedings by total wins instead of % is an imperfect solution, but still way better than what they have.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Oldflame is correct, it's not a big deal in long run. Regardless of seedings, we need to win tournament. We may be in better bracket than if we had finished first. But I don't know yet.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There are still lower seedings to be determined, but looking at things right now, I actually think we may be better off with the 2 seed. N Alabama has the hottest pitcher in the league right now, and it looks like Lipscomb may have to face them in the second round, while we would likely get FGCU. Right now, I would rather play the Eagles. There is another reason why the 1 seed is so important. The worst case scenario is that the Lions ride Garst's arm to a tournament championship. Since N Alabama is not eligible to go to the NCAA tourney, I'm pretty sure that would mean the #1 seed (Lipscomb) would get the bid. You can bet the ASUN office is hoping and praying that doesn't happen.
By Lion1983
If UNA wins the tournament, the regular season champ gets the automatic bid.

I havent looked at any analysis of the brackets for softball, but someone who follows NCAA softball told me the ASun could get 2-3 in this year. I imagine just 2 and it depends on how certain teams play in the ASun tournament.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would love to see 2 or 3, but I am afraid only 1. Big 10 and ACC will gobble up lot of the at large spots
It may happen but I can't see N Alabama winning tournament.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Autumn Bishop with 8 HRs last year and 0 this year. With a complete lack of power, outside of Amber Bishop, we need her power to win the tournament as pitching will dominate with UNA, Lipscomb, and FGCU having outstanding pitchers.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see 2 or 3, but I am afraid only 1. Big 10 and ACC will gobble up lot of the at large spots
You know as well as I do that the conference that is going to "gobble up" the most at large bids is the SEC. Some will be deserved, some will not. See Missouri last year.
By Lion1983
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see 2 or 3, but I am afraid only 1. Big 10 and ACC will gobble up lot of the at large spots
I'm not saying North Alabama will win the tournament, I'm saying if they win, who will get the auto bid.

And I think we can get 2 in.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]