The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Longwood comes to town Saturday. Game time is 2:00. Should be a large crowd in attendance.

I recently heard that the reason LU did not play VT this season, was new VT Coach thought he was "too good" to come to LU for a game, because LU is not a P5 school.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Longwood comes to town Saturday. Game time is 2:00. Should be a large crowd in attendance.
Ballcoach, this game is during Final Exam Week. Study

Shouldn't students be in the library instead of the softball field? For most students, their grades are more important than a softball game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Game is 2:00 p.m. Saturday, a good time to take a break from studying and relax at softball stadium for a couple hours Study

Will you be in stadium with the Ole Men's Club ?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I kinda get what VT catch is saying. It’s a lose-lose proposition. Beat Liberty, so what? You’re suppose to. Lose to Liberty (very real possibility!), and be forced to explain self with no good explanation.
By Dalegarz1
Making a golfing trip from NJ to Poplar Grove with my sons. I will definitely be at the Longwood game. Nice tuneup for conference tournament. Need to end regular season with some momentum heading into playoffs!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Making a golfing trip from NJ to Poplar Grove with my sons. I will definitely be at the Longwood game. Nice tuneup for conference tournament. Need to end regular season with some momentum heading into playoffs!
Poplar Grove is a nice course. Can’t believe what they jacked their greens fees too though. Be interested to hear what shape the course is in
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU and VT softball, have played every year as far back as I can remember, until this year. VT played Longwood in a DH yesterday (in Blacksburg). VT swept 6-0 and 8-5. LU has higher RPI than Longwood.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
VT Coaches ego got in the way of common sense. They should have played 2 games, one in Blacksburg and one at LU. Same deal as LU and UVA had.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Will you be in stadium with the Ole Men's Club ?
YES, and I hope Dale will join us, too. :oldhag :oldhag :oldhag
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:VT Coaches ego got in the way of common sense. They should have played 2 games, one in Blacksburg and one at LU. Same deal as LU and UVA had.
You’re not wrong about the VT coach, I suspect. But I don’t blame him.
By Dalegarz1
Dale would have loved to join you guys, however a very good friend's wife just passed away yesterday and the memorial service is on Saturday. My sons are still coming down to play Poplar Grove and also to attend the softball game. PH- you're right about the greens fees ($96)-ouch!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins 2-1. Cassady 5 innings, 0 runs, 2 hits with 6 K. Autumn Bishop 3-3. DiMartino save.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Perfect weather for a ball game. Radio announcers said 663 people in attendance, which was the second biggest attendance in the history of LU softball. Several fans were sitting in lawn chairs on the other side of the outfield fence in the grass with dogs.
By Dalegarz1
Two takeaways from the game. Cassidy looked relaxed and kept the hitters off balance. Secondly, our lack of hitting continues to concern me for tournament time. We have lost 11 one run games this year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:And one guy skipped softball for a lacrosse game.
Don't know who that was, but our lacrosse team was playing for the ASUN championship and lost 20-18 to nationally ranked Jacksonville.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:And one guy skipped softball for a lacrosse game.
Don't know who that was, but our lacrosse team was playing for the ASUN championship and lost 20-18 to nationally ranked Jacksonville.
I believe he was at a UVA lacrosse game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Two takeaways from the game. Cassidy looked relaxed and kept the hitters off balance. Secondly, our lack of hitting continues to concern me for tournament time. We have lost 11 one run games this year.
We have some hitters who look as if they have forgot how to hit. Plate discipline is bad and they appear tentative when they swing, resulting in weak ground outs or pop ups. To make matters worse, this is happening when facing average pitching.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Glad we won, but if Longwood picked up where they left off with us last year, it would be fine with me. I would take pleasure in reading ballcoach's comments.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point g[…]

Longwood

Liberty heads east down 460 today for a game at Lo[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week #4 Top Performers - Runs - Gatorbait 49 HR[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]