The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Amber Bishop capped off a nine run rally in the final two innings with every batter's dream whether baseball or softball...a walk off grand slam in the last inning to beat the former conference rival (and regular thorn in the side) Highlanders 10-8.

Chase Cassady got the win despite giving up 7 runs (4 earned) on 5 hits in 6 1/3 innings
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I have never seen a game where both starting pitchers left, then returned to play a role in the decision.

LU hitters looked completely befuddled early. Then couldn’t miss late. Radford’s reliever was throwing junk LU still couldn’t hit. Kind of bizarre game, and yet one of the best finishes I’ve seen in a long, long time. Maybe ever. Awesome game!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach and TF were saying that after the LU hitters saw the same pitcher for 2 or 3 at bats they had her figured out. And after the starting pitcher came back, they said she just wasn't the same.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It took awhile to figure her out for sure. It should be have taken that long. They were throwing junk.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How has ballcoach not commented on this??? Does he no longer care about softball!!??
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:How has ballcoach not commented on this??? Does he no longer care about softball!!??
Ball coach started a "Radford" thread to create some discussion about the game. 38 individuals viewed it, with zero responses. Thus ball coach decided not to waste his time posting about softball when no one else is interested in LU softball.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:
thepostman wrote:How has ballcoach not commented on this??? Does he no longer care about softball!!??
Ball coach started a "Radford" thread to create some discussion about the game. 38 individuals viewed it, with zero responses. Thus ball coach decided not to waste his time posting about softball when no one else is interested in LU softball.
Just a thought, having a single thread for the season or break it down by month could help those that don't follow very closely. The tourniquated threads are hard to follow.
By Class of 20Something
Additionally, and the more important take away.

When we have nothing to contribute to a tread, most of us don't say anything.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
So what I am hearing is, most do not know enough about softball to talk about it ? Based on number of posts on some other forums, I believe this is the case.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:So what I am hearing is, most do not know enough about softball to talk about it ? Based on number of posts on some other forums, I believe this is the case.
There you go again. #LegendInHisOwnMind
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Ok Smarty, why do members of Sea of Red not post on softball board (and baseball board) ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Not knowing anything about a topic has never stopped fraudcoach from posting! We should follow his lead!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't follow college softball so therefore I don't post. You could learn a thing or two on refraining from posting about things in which you know little about, ballcoach.

A side benefit is how angry it makes you, ballcoach. It's kind of humorous.

But seriously, its Softball. I don't think you'll find many message boards with a ton of softball discussion. It is a fringe sport, it isn't that hard to understand for anybody with even a fraction of intelligence.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I don't follow college softball so therefore I don't post. You could learn a thing or two on refraining from posting about things in which you know little about, ballcoach.

A side benefit is how angry it makes you, ballcoach. It's kind of humorous.

But seriously, its Softball. I don't think you'll find many message boards with a ton of softball discussion. It is a fringe sport, it isn't that hard to understand for anybody with even a fraction of intelligence.
I think you may have zeroed in on the Issues well
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Here is a good question:

Should Radford have intentionally walked Amber Bishop, with a 2 run lead and bases loaded with 2 outs ?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Postman: what is a "fringe" sport ?
Is this a serious question? I can't tell.

You know, on the fringes. Not mainstream.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Here is a good question:

Should Radford have intentionally walked Amber Bishop, with a 2 run lead and bases loaded with 2 outs ?
With as well as she was hitting the entire game, I would say that they should've. Not the smartest coaching decision but it is easy to say that after the fact.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Here is a good question:

Based on some of your past posts, you probably think they should have. You would be pretty much out on an island by yourself with that thinking. Yes, Amber is our best hitter, but Amader is no slouch, and is a Senior with a bunch of clutch hits in her career. With a 1 run lead instead of 2, there are several additional ways the score could be tied. Walk, infield hit, error, passed ball or wild pitch, etc. I don't know what it was that Amber hit, but the conventional wisdom in a situation like this is to pitch very carefully to the slugger, but not intentionally walk her.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Amber hit a pitch that "was up" and on outside corner of plate.

I believe at N Florida with a runner on 3B, they were intentionally walking her, and got a pitch 'too close to plate", and she smacked a fly ball to RF to score runner.

I was pitching a game back in the day. Top of 7th, with a 1 run lead and bases loaded with 2 out, I intentionally walked in the tying run. Next batter hit line drive back thru middle that I caught. In bottom of inning, lead off batter hit first pitch for walk off game winner.

An old coach once told me, "never let the other team's best player beat you"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I had an old coach once tell me “if their best player beats us that’s fine It’s why they are the best player. Just don’t let anyone else beat us”
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:and you probably lost a lot of games. Play Basketball
Well he’s in the HoF so.....
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]