The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We give another one away, 5-4. We gift wrapped this one.

Bases loaded in 7th. Runner gets doubled off 3rd on line drive, to end game, with Autumn Bishop on deck.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We win game 3 by run rule, 11-3. Kirby throws complete game. Amador had 3 run homer.

We play Tennessee in Lynchburg Tuesday at 5:00
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So 1-2 on the road trip to KSU? Crybaby That's not what you predicted, Ballcoach. :nono
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Anybody still want to take that bet as to softball winning more games than baseball. Pretty dissappointing season so far considering all the returning talent.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:So 1-2 on the road trip to KSU? Crybaby That's not what you predicted, Ballcoach. :nono

We should have swept. Just did not play well in first 2 games. We are better than KSU.
By Dalegarz1
Ballcoach wrote: We should have swept. Just did not play well in first 2 games. We are better than KSU.

We are what you see!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I saw every pitch this weekend. those bad mouthing team were hundreds of miles away, worrying about basketball.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I saw every pitch this weekend. those bad mouthing team were hundreds of miles away, worrying about basketball.
1 and 2... Same whether present or home watching BB,
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I saw every pitch this weekend. those bad mouthing team were hundreds of miles away, worrying about basketball.

Who is bad mouthing the team? People are disappointed with the slow start. I'm sure the team is too.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:

Who is bad mouthing the team? People are disappointed with the slow start. I'm sure the team is too.
Actually, the person badmouthing the team is ballcoach. When you say we "should have swept them" you are basically saying we lost 2 games to a team that isn't very good. He can go on and on all he wants about how good we are. If the results aren't there on the diamond, that just makes the way we are playing look worse.

In the end, it's 2 1-run losses on the road to an opponent that won the conference championship last year. I'm sure the KSU folks aren't exactly pleased with how their season has gone so far either, and they are ecstatic with the outcome. Lots of softball to be played. Anyone paying attention knew the ASUN was going to be a tougher row to hoe than the BSC in this sport.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
You're correct in that there is lot of Softball to be played. ASUN is tougher than BSC. I like LU's chances of winning ASUN, despite starting 1-2.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:

Actually, the person badmouthing the team is ballcoach. When you say we "should have swept them" you are basically saying we lost 2 games to a team that isn't very good. He can go on and on all he wants about how good we are. If the results aren't there on the diamond, that just makes the way we are playing look worse.
I noticed this too. He’s the only one badmouthing anyone. But deep down I think it’s because he feels he could do a better job coaching the team
By CCWMichael
Tough to drop two .... drive on, it is a long season.
With us being the new comers and our talent we have have a bullseye for evry series which will make it a hard fought run.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Serious question, Ballcoach: Is KSU better than Longwood in softball?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, thanks for "fielding" a hard question. You know I always respect your softball scouting reports and analysis.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, thanks for "fielding" a hard question. You know I always respect your softball scouting reports and analysis.
And you know it was tough for him to acknowledge anything positive about Longwood.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rogers3, like any good umpire, "I call them like I see them"

I gave edge to Longwood, because they are more sound defensively than KSU.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We’re not done. Expecting one more additio[…]

New Mexico State

Anyone have any idea why Yoder was pulled after 3 […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]