The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Ballcoach wrote: That is true, but I not like PAC12 (or Big 10). Give me ASUN, SEC and ACC, along with Baylor from Big 12. Heck with rest of them.

In other words; "The South still reigns"!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Ballcoach wrote: That is true, but I not like PAC12 (or Big 10). Give me ASUN, SEC and ACC, along with Baylor from Big 12. Heck with rest of them.

In other words; "The South still reigns"!
Excellent observation Dalegarz.

JK37, I took shot at PAC12 because I don't like any school in conference, no matter how good they may be in softball.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
BC, I know that you don’t like them. I just don’t understand WHY you don’t like the schools in the PAC 12. I NEED A REASON, MAN!!!!!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Food for Thought

#1 Florida State lost to Grand Canyon University this week, by a score of 5-3. Until this happened I had never heard of GCU. According to my friend Google, it's a private Christian university in Phoenix Arizona.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We mentioned GCU on this board on a regular basis. Most recently in a thread you commented on in the men's basketball forum. I guess my theory is correct, your reading comprehension is very poor.

Army Strong!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:We mentioned GCU on this board on a regular basis. Most recently in a thread you commented on in the men's basketball forum. I guess my theory is correct, your reading comprehension is very poor.

Army Strong!
At his age memory fades. Now I can certainly understand his confusion at it being labeled a Christian University :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They aren't as outspoken as LU is, but they certainly aren't a Baylor at this point either. Their faith is important to them, but their approach is much different.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Actually I think Baylor is a good comparison. They have leadership that thinks they are more Christian in their focus than their faculty and staff. For the record, the student body of Baylor is actually pretty strong Evaneglically speaking. The campus life based on the students' church backrground is very strong. It is wayward theology and and aspirations of grandeur that lead to compromise that are the primary issues in Waco.

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You would know much more than I do about both institutions. My comments were simply my view from the outside looking in. As far as I know, I don't know anybody with connections to either school.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Actually I think Baylor is a good comparison. They have leadership that thinks they are more Christian in their focus than their faculty and staff. For the record, the student body of Baylor is actually pretty strong Evaneglically speaking. The campus life based on the students' church backrground is very strong. It is wayward theology and and aspirations of grandeur that lead to compromise that are the primary issues in Waco.

I would think of Baylor as more of a “Christian” University than GCU. That’s just based on the people I know who work and send their kids to those places.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
8-0 Final in 5 innings. DiMartino 4 innings, 2 hits. Cassady pitched 5th inning.

I believe that's 9 straight shutouts for LU pitching staff.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:8-0 Final in 5 innings. DiMartino 4 innings, 2 hits. Cassady pitched 5th inning.

That's a pretty incredible stat, albeit against less than top notch D1 competition. Let's hope they keep it rolling all weekend.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
down 6-0 in the 4th to Long Beach State
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:8-0 Final in 5 innings. DiMartino 4 innings, 2 hits. Cassady pitched 5th inning.

That's a pretty incredible stat, albeit against less than top notch D1 competition. Let's hope they keep it rolling all weekend.
ballcoach15 wrote:Shutout streak is over. Long Beach scores 6 in first inning. Lead 6-0 in 2nd.
Way to jinx it :roll: :lol:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Interesting tidbit from that game. There is a player for Boston U named Killebrew. That might mean something to some other old hags like me. She is a distant cousin according to her bio.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Interesting tidbit from that game. There is a player for Boston U named Killebrew. That might mean something to some other old hags like me. She is a distant cousin according to her bio.
First time I heard of him was watching old reruns of Home Run Derby on ESPN growing up
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Interesting tidbit from that game. There is a player for Boston U named Killebrew. That might mean something to some other old hags like me. She is a distant cousin according to her bio.
I still have several of his 1960s-1970s baseball cards. :oldhag
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]