The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Schedule update, we play at 3:30 and 5:30 today. Weather looks good.

With nothing else happening in the area, should be a big crowd today.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Just curious, Ballcoach, what number would you call a "big crowd" at an LU home softball game? :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Just curious, Ballcoach, what number would you call a "big crowd" at an LU home softball game? :fineprint
Triple figures
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Just curious, Ballcoach, what number would you call a "big crowd" at an LU home softball game? :fineprint
Being conservative, I would say 750.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:With nothing else happening in the area, should be a big crowd today.
If we played someone better than LCA or Lynchburg College then maybe more people would pay attention.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:With nothing else happening in the area, should be a big crowd today.
If we played someone better than LCA or Lynchburg College then maybe more people would pay attention.
D1 softball is D1 softball, regardless of opponent.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Final LU 4-0. Cooper starts and goes 5 innings, allowing only 1 hit, to pick up her first career win as a Flame.
You better double check your SOURCES, Ballcoach. TF needs to coach you up on how many innings a starting pitcher has to go to get the win. :fineprint
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
They only need to pitch 4 innings in a 7 inning game if they leave with the lead and the team maintains the lead for the rest of the game. Only 3 innings needed for a 5 inning run rule game.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Final LU 4-0. Cooper starts and goes 5 innings, allowing only 1 hit, to pick up her first career win as a Flame.
Box Score: https://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/global ... sb1916.htm

DiMartino with the WIN (if a box score is to be believed).
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Box Score: https://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/global ... sb1916.htm

DiMartino with the WIN (if a box score is to be believed).
That was the Cleveland State game. Cooper started and won the Robert Morris game. I too my 5 year old granddaughter to that game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That’s gotta be tough on a coach (and a budget) when games get cancelled. What do you do all day? Especially if you’ve had two days off. I guess you get a group discount at the movies
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU wins game two, 2-0. Cassidy hurls 3 hit shutout, with 12 Ks.

We only had 3 hits. I believe the cold weather kept the bats cold also.

LU pitchers have now thrown 8 straight shutouts. Now we head to California.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]