The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Here are the teams with some results thus far.

1. Wright State 2-3; Have given up 44 runs in 5 games!

2. Princeton 0-0

3. Bucknell 1-4; lost twice to LSU by scores of 10-0 and 8-0

4. Valparaiso 0-5; Have given up 32 runs.

5. Delaware State 1-1

Combined record of 4-13. We need to sweep these 5 games in impressive fashion.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be some challenge to local fans to attend so many games or something.
By CCWMichael
Dalegarz1 wrote:Here are the teams with some results thus far.

1. Wright State 2-3; Have given up 44 runs in 5 games!

2. Princeton 0-0

3. Bucknell 1-4; lost twice to LSU by scores of 10-0 and 8-0

4. Valparaiso 0-5; Have given up 32 runs.

5. Delaware State 1-1

Combined record of 4-13. We need to sweep these 5 games in impressive fashion.
+1
Even though this is a finicky game ----- yes, we should win them all.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be some challenge to local fans to attend so many games or something.
Local fans should attend all 5 of the LU games, unless they can't get off work.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
JK37 wrote:When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be some challenge to local fans to attend so many games or something.
Local fans should attend all 5 of the LU games, unless they can't get off work.
Easy for you to say. :roll: The vast majority of people who work have much higher priorities for their leave requests. Hopefully we will get a good crowd of students and senior citizens. :oldhag
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hate to say this, but I will put my faith more on senior citizens, than students. I wish more students would support softball. I wonder some times "how much is softball marketed on campus".
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Market it all you want, grasssroots is the only way you’ll pull. Students who come are ones who know players and are pushed by them to come.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If they would come to just one game, they may fall in love with the sport, and attend lot of games. That's what happened to me back in late 90s. I was strictly baseball, until I went to a Virginia Tech-Temple softball game to kill time before going to a VT baseball game. It was a double-header in Blacksburg. Long story short, I liked the softball game so much, I watched both games and never made it to baseball game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reflections from "home opener":

1. Scoreboard needs updated to show 2018 Big South Championship and NCAA Appearance.
2. Attendance was 197 for game 1 and 189 for game 2. Should have been higher, in my opinion.
3. PA system is in mid season form. They almost played music "between pitches". I noticed one time the catcher took one step in front of plate to say something to pitcher, and music blared out.
4. On a positive note, we had a freshman in the 3 and 4 spots in the batting order.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reflections from "home opener":

1. Scoreboard needs updated to show 2018 Big South Championship and NCAA Appearance.
2. Attendance was 197 for game 1 and 189 for game 2. Should have been higher, in my opinion.
3. PA system is in mid season form. They almost played music "between pitches". I noticed one time the catcher took one step in front of plate to say something to pitcher, and music blared out.
4. On a positive note, we had a freshman in the 3 and 4 spots in the batting order.
I believe your thinking is outdated on what the 3 and 4 spots mean in Dot's lineup. Look who is hitting 8th and 9th (instead of 1st and 2nd), 2 of our fastest players and best "table setters" in Amader and Via. They are followed by the Bishops, who under the old thinking would be the 3 and 4 hitters. This way Autumn and April will get 30 or more additional at bats between them over the course of the season compared to if they were batting 3 and 4, and you still have them batting behind the batters/base runners you want them to. The 3 and 4 spots in this lineup are functionally what the 5 and 6 spots used to be, and your worst hitter bats 7th.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
That is true.

Anyone know if it's raining at LU. I am getting mixed signals on our 4 o'clock game. Was told earliest we can play is 7:30, yet softball website still has 4:00.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:That is true.

Anyone know if it's raining at LU. I am getting mixed signals on our 4 o'clock game. Was told earliest we can play is 7:30, yet softball website still has 4:00.
Light rain/drizzle. Looks like the boy's game is still on.

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]