The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: 2. Attendance was 197 for game 1 and 189 for game 2. Should have been higher, in my opinion.
BC - can you think of a time when the attendance should be lower, in your opinion? :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Schedule update.

We now play at 4:30 and 830 today. Plenty of time for everyone to get out of church, eat, take a nap and get to stadium.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Plenty of time for everyone to get out of church, eat, take a nap and get to stadium.
I like how you think, Ballcoach. :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Plenty of time for everyone to get out of church, eat, take a nap and get to stadium.
No excuse for anyone missing today's game, unless they live too away.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Reflections from "home opener":
I believe your thinking is outdated on what the 3 and 4 spots mean in Dot's lineup. Look who is hitting 8th and 9th (instead of 1st and 2nd), 2 of our fastest players and best "table setters" in Amader and Via. They are followed by the Bishops, who under the old thinking would be the 3 and 4 hitters. This way Autumn and April will get 30 or more additional at bats between them over the course of the season compared to if they were batting 3 and 4, and you still have them batting behind the batters/base runners you want them to. The 3 and 4 spots in this lineup are functionally what the 5 and 6 spots used to be, and your worst hitter bats 7th.
I agree oldflame. Bishops only have 7 RBI's combined, no where close to where they were last season. Look for some hitters to be put back in 7-9 like last season to drive that number up.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
No excuse for anyone missing today's game, unless they live too away.
What if we don’t care enough to brave the gale force winds?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Man up, like me, Cider, TF and others.
Even more reasons to stay home :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, Ballcoach might have shared his Army blanket with you. :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, Ballcoach might have shared his Army blanket with you. :oldhag
What you three do under the Army blanket STAYS under the Army blanket :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider went the distance tonight. Two complete games, and between games went to Welcome Center and talked up honor's program with CFAW students. He has mine and TF's vote for faculty member of the week.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
That means a lot, Ballcoach. Thanks! Study :clapping
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
This comment...
Purple Haize wrote: What you three do under the Army blanket STAYS under the Army blanket :D
...followed by this comment...
ballcoach15 wrote:Cider went the distance tonight.
...almost made me die with laughter.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]