The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Left way too many runners on base. Tough loss but it reminded me of last year when we had no offensive pop at the bottom of the lineup. exception has been Amader thus far.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Need to have Amader between Reynolds and McFarland/Harris in the 6-7 slot - a combined 1-21 with a ton of runners left on base.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone know why DiMartino was lifted after 2 innings ?
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:...but it reminded me of last year when we had no offensive pop at the bottom of the lineup. exception has been Amader thus far.
Actually last season the bottom of the lineup were key in many wins. When your #1 and #2 hitter lead the team in RBI's, the bottom of the lineup is getting it done. The 2 out of 3 players that made the Big South Tournament team were from the bottom of the lineup and they got the momentum going to beat Radford to get to the championship game. I do agree this season the mid-bottom isn't getting it done when it's needed, except Amader, and she should be moved up. Sweat has been out for over a year, she will get back to form. She is a hitter.
By Dalegarz1
My recollection from last year is that Bishop often drove in her sister.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Need to have Amader between Reynolds and McFarland/Harris in the 6-7 slot - a combined 1-21 with a ton of runners left on base.
Coach moved Amader into the 6th hole and Canetta in 8th hole. Now our weak hitters are in 7th and 9th - - McFarland, Reynolds, Hoffman, Harris who were in 6th-7th hole are now 1-25.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are not hitting and starting pitching hasn't been good. Trail Baylor 5-1 in 6th.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Looks like the lion ate us. Ranking was fun while it lasted.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are certainly in the pit. Lose to Baylor 6-1. Gave up 5 runs in second inning.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:My recollection from last year is that Bishop often drove in her sister.
Lead off had more RBI's than #2. And yes.. #1 being on base a lot helped #2's numbers for sure. But, having multiple base runners helped more.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
No softball wizard here but this appears to be the same team with same limitations as last year. I dont see much hitting after the top 2 spots.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:No softball wizard here but this appears to be the same team with same limitations as last year. I dont see much hitting after the top 2 spots.
Last game 2-6-7-8 had the only hits.

Last season they won BS season, BS championship, made it to the championship game in regionals, and set all kind of records. One can only HOPE this team has the same "limitations" as last year. :roll: Yes, the twins can hit, but, they didn't win 49 games last season on their own. And... back to the point above, the lead off hitter doesn't have the most RBI's on the team if the bottom of the lineup didn't do their job to 1. Get hits... 2. Turnover the lineup.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lose 6-0 to Washington, Robertson had only hit. DiMartino came on in relief and retired all 11 batters she faced.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Dead wrong on your rbi analysis as pointed out by another poster. But thats cool. I was simply stating that you would hope they take a step forward against the tougher comp. Season is nowhere near over but 1 and 4 wasnt a great showing and it was the same way they lost to big time opposition last year. Not enough hitting.

Over sensitive parents are so easy to spot.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Maybe TF was right: LU baseball will WIN more games than LU softball this year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Banged out 17 hits vs BYU, then for whatever the reason, we stopped hitting. Also falling behind early in all 4 games we lost didn't help.
On a positive note, if my memory is right, we did not strike out very many times, thus we are making contact. Hopefully bats will get hot at Texas A&M, 1 thru 9 in the order.
Also we got good long relief in 3 games with Cooper, Cassady and DiMartino. They now need to transfer that into good starts.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
We started off with good competition. It's early in the season and it's a small sample size. The girls are going to be ok. I'm glad the season is underway and they were able to play somewhere warmer than Lynchburg.
By Eighty
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Banged out 17 hits vs BYU, then for whatever the reason, we stopped hitting. Also falling behind early in all 4 games we lost didn't help.
On a positive note, if my memory is right, we did not strike out very many times, thus we are making contact. Hopefully bats will get hot at Texas A&M, 1 thru 9 in the order.
Also we got good long relief in 3 games with Cooper, Cassady and DiMartino. They now need to transfer that into good starts.
Out hit Duke 9 to 5 and had 7 walks. Notre Dame, had the same amount of hits with 6 and 6. Just didn't get the situational hitting when needed. Part of that is lineup and part of that is bad luck. There were some K's at very bad times. Once Sweat and Canetto get rolling, it will be better. If you remember how Vie started... and now look. So, it actually has a silver lining.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Maybe TF was right: LU baseball will WIN more games than LU softball this year.
He has been wrong before.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]