The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The softball team will be at River Ridge Mall for a Meet & Greet, Friday January 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Ballcoach, will you be going early and staying the full 2 hours?
Yes, I will take off work early, go for a bicycle ride, and then head to Lynchburg. I will be a RR Mall probably 5:15.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LUSBFan wrote:I have spent some time around the team. Looking very good as a whole. Pitchers throwing well. Hitters hitting well and some of the freshman look pretty good for their first preseason on the team. I am really excited for this season. I expect some big games against some of the best teams in the nation. Washington will for sure be a tough test but I believe we need to just compete against teams like this. I am not saying we do not need win against these top ten teams in the nation but I believe bigger games we need to win are JMU(24), Long Beach State(22), Pitt(48), McNeese (41) and Notre Dame (38). I think if we can get these wins along with win the ASUN regular season/post season our softball team will be ranked pretty high. I am very curious about the game vs UCLA. Softball has lost two years in a row to UCLA but UCLA did not really take the lead in these games until the bottom of the 6th. I know since Coach Richardson is a UCLA Alum I feel she really wants to get a win out in California vs #3 team in the nation.
Good post LUSBfan. I look for 2 or 3 of freshmen to start. As for JMU's ranking, I don't care for them, but their ranking may be deceiving, in that their ace Pitcher missed all of last season, but she is back this year as redshirt senior. Granted JMU plays in a weak conference in my opinion. Not sure of their out of conference schedule. But we need to beat the other teams you mentioned.
[/
b]
By Dalegarz1
JMU has an excellent non-conference schedule. See list below.

Cal
Oregon
Tennessee
Kentucky
Seton Hall
Boston College
Arizona
Arizona State
Michigan
VT
UVA
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The softball team will be at River Ridge Mall for a Meet & Greet, Friday January 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Sources say that Ballcoach was early, and the team was an hour and 15 minutes late and brought mostly freshmen.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources also say they saw Ballcoach with a 40-something lady friend over at Planet Fitness afterwards. :oldhag :cheerleader
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sources also say they saw Ballcoach with a 40-something lady friend over at Planet Fitness afterwards. :oldhag :cheerleader
I can’t tell anymore if you’re his friend or just enjoy poking the troll. :D
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Sources also say they saw Ballcoach with a 40-something lady friend over at Planet Fitness afterwards. :oldhag :cheerleader
Apparently there's a Spy Network operating in Lynchburg.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
On their way to the Holiday Inn no doubt
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Ol' ballcoach certainly gets around. :shock:
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Ol' ballcoach certainly gets around. :shock:
I'm beginning to thing bike ride is a euphemism
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We now have video....

[youtube]MTiJ_3WZwbE[/youtube]
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Sources say that Ballcoach was early, and the team was an hour and 15 minutes late and brought mostly freshmen.
Cider: I did some detective work. Was told that "Marketing dropped the ball". Very poor coordination.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that LU softball had another scrimmage on Sunday while ballcoach was off campus shopping on Wards Road. Will ballcoach ever make it to a preseason softball scrimmage on time?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, you must be paying a fee for your information from your sources. I was unaware of scrimmage until I received a phone call about 3 p.m. informing me of scrimmage. I immediately rushed to softball stadium. They were in 5th inning when I arrived. Hitting looked good from the 2.5 innings I saw.
McFarland had a grand slam HR in first inning off the scoreboard.
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:
We now have video....

[youtube]MTiJ_3WZwbE[/youtube]
I just hid behind my couch ....
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Cider, you must be paying a fee for your information from your sources. I was unaware of scrimmage until I received a phone call about 3 p.m. informing me of scrimmage. I immediately rushed to softball stadium. They were in 5th inning when I arrived. Hitting looked good from the 2.5 innings I saw.
McFarland had a grand slam HR in first inning off the scoreboard.
Was this an intersquad scrimmage? If so, the hitting success is not all good.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Yes it was inter squad. The infield was in terrible shape, muddy. It was so bad, I am surprised they were playing on it. Sloppy conditions lead to some defensive miscues. Everyone on staff pitched.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]