The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty finishes with 17 votes, good for 29th place.

I admit to being a homer, in that LU should have been at least 25th. Hofstra finished 24th, which shows poll is not fool proof. Hofstra was ranked 24th before NCAA tournament, went 1-2 in tournament but did not drop in polls.

But in the 2019 preseason poll, I fully expect Liberty to be in top 25.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, what was our ranking before the tournament, and did we finish higher than Hofstra or JMU? Can you provide us with a LINK to the rankings?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We were 33rd in last poll which was on May 15. Actually we tied for 28th in final poll.

JMU was ranked 26 and Hofstra was 24th which is hard to believe. LU is a better team than Hofstra. The poll was in today's USA Today newspaper. I not know link, but maybe you can google USA Today sports and find it. I will try to find it on Internet and send it to you.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Scroll down til you find polls then click on it, then go to top of that page and click on polls again. That should get you there. The NFCA website is hard to figure out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So LU tied with my brother's alma mater, Cal-Berkeley? :shock: :clapping
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 13th, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
University of California Golden Bears = Cal-Berkeley (number 1 or 2 ranked state college in America, along with UVa). Study
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:California is all I know, they might be in Berkley. I flunked west coast geography. Made straight A in southern geography.
This coming from someone who once said something to the effect that Spartenburg is a great road trip? I don´t think so.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:California is all I know, they might be in Berkley. I flunked west coast geography. Made straight A in southern geography.
This coming from someone who once said something to the effect that Spartenburg is a great road trip? I don´t think so.
And Asheville is off the beaten path
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Florida State coaching staff won the NFCA Coaching Staff of the Year, FSU staff did a good job, but since they didn't win Regional Coaching Staff of Year, I don't think they should have won this award.

Granted FSU won National Championship.

Source: NFCA website
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Florida State coaching staff won the NFCA Coaching Staff of the Year, FSU staff did a good job, but since they didn't win Regional Coaching Staff of Year, I don't think they should have won this award.

Granted FSU won National Championship.

Source: NFCA website
Yeah, there is that one small detail. :roll: :roll:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
You have a point, but when I reviewed the 11 Regional Winners yesterday, and saw that FSU wasn't one of the 11, I figured Liberty would win it. I had forgot that FSU was eligible, even though they did not win Regional Award.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]