The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Where are all the softball fans ?

Oh, that's right, they are on football board commenting on some 2 star O lineman we're in running for, with East Tennessee State, or is it Appy State ?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure there aren't many softball fans that frequent forums like this. I'm a sports fan, like all sports, and support all Liberty sports, but just not sure I could contribute anymore than you do to a softball thread. You are unique. I love it. I like reading your posts and look here first for softball scores and highlights, because I know you will post things about it - like clockwork. Thank You.

I do think it's cool that we are ranked. Should be celebrated when any sport is ranked and Liberty's name gets out there. Coach Dot has done a great job with the program and done what I think most coaches at Liberty should do - recruit good kids that want to play in top notch facilities, against fair competition and an occasional BIG opponent. Most nationally recognized programs at liberty are, IMO - (RANKINGS, RESPECT LEVEL, ETC...)

1) Track & Field
2) Women's Basketball
3) Men's and Women's Cross Country
4) Golf
5) Softball
6) Hockey - Club, but still good
7) Field Hockey
8) Women's Lacrosse
9) Swimming
10) Baseball
11) Men's Basketball
12) Football
13) Men's Soccer
14) Women's Soccer
15) Volleyball

Agree? Your list?
By cruzan_flame13
Men's lacrosse, although a club team, has done well on a national scale in MCLA and only lost by one to the #1 team in overtime during nationals.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Men's lacrosse, although a club team, has done well on a national scale in MCLA and only lost by one to the #1 team in overtime during nationals.
If we are including club teams, both women's hockey and paintball won national championships this year.

I think I would rate men's basketball a bit higher than proto did.
Our cross country is actually a bit down right now, and I think he has them too high.
Football is a tough one, but I think 12 is a bit low.
Women's soccer has had more success recently than mens has so I would flip-flop those 2.
Sadly, volleyball probably belongs where it is. Hopefully the new coach will get things back on track.
I'm figuring he forgot tennis, but it would be near the bottom, even though the women had a good year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Before I list where I think each sport is..........................I will exercise the 5th Amendment until Monday morning.

(shouldn't be hard to understand the delay)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Before I list where I think each sport is..........................I will exercise the 5th Amendment until Monday morning.

(shouldn't be hard to understand the delay)
LOL
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Men's lacrosse, although a club team, has done well on a national scale in MCLA and only lost by one to the #1 team in overtime during nationals.
If we are including club teams, both women's hockey and paintball won national championships this year.

I think I would rate men's basketball a bit higher than proto did.
Our cross country is actually a bit down right now, and I think he has them too high.
Football is a tough one, but I think 12 is a bit low.
Women's soccer has had more success recently than mens has so I would flip-flop those 2.
Sadly, volleyball probably belongs where it is. Hopefully the new coach will get things back on track.
I'm figuring he forgot tennis, but it would be near the bottom, even though the women had a good year.
Yeah - shows you where I think Tennis fits - completely forgot them. Club teams are hard, because I have to think about how popular club teams are and Hockey is the only one where I know where there are other good schools participating and talent level is still pretty high.

Basketball and Football are low on my list, primarily, because I don't think teams respect us in either - especially now being in the FBS in Football. XC - might be right, but we have had success there in the past, which other coaches have seen and know we are good for a few good runners every few years.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]