The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
GREAT location, we're a #2 seed, and close enough for ballcoach to drive.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's almost like a "home game" for me. about 4 hour drive. I can stay at Fort Jackson, 7 minutes from ball park.

(only negative is , South Carolina may have the worst PA announcer in all of NCAA softball)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It's almost like a "home game" for me. about 4 hour drive. I can stay at Fort Jackson, 7 minutes from ball park.

(only negative is , South Carolina may have the worst PA announcer in all of NCAA softball)
They need to play a lot of loud music to drown him/her out then.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Their complete game operations are terrible. PA announcer, music and video board. When I was there in March, I developed a headache during game. But hopefully they will "tone it down" for NCAA tournament. I don't think teams can do as much __________ for tournament games as they do for regular season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:GREAT location, we're a #2 seed, and close enough for ballcoach to drive.
Pretty sure we are the 3 seed, but the matchup would be the same for game 1 either way.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
From the Lynchburg paper:
The Flames (47-12) have won 17 consecutive games and will meet Colonial Athletic Association tournament champion Hofstra (40-12) in the 2-3 matchup.
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... ac427.html
By Baldspot1
This article on the number of twitter followers South Carolina’s softball hitting coach has came across my Facebook feed today. He has 127,000 twitter followers - more than South Carolina’s men’s and women’s basketball coach’s combined. I’ve read a lot of his stuff for my son’s little league baseball. Never realized he was a softball hitting coach for the Gamecocks.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/ ... 28789.html
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
South Carolina leans into the strike zone to intentionally get HBP a lot. They have one girl who appears to wear more padding than some football players.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we are in for a real battle with #24 Hofstra (RPI 19) who beat #8 Florida State and lost 1-0 to #1 Oregon as well as beating #23 JMU twice in CAA tournament. They are mostly a senior laden team with power and pitching. Our RPI is now 32 :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]