The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Tough loss for the girls, but they played good defense and looked like they belonged out there. A couple of questions: I think I would have started another pitcher and used DiMartino in the second game if necessary. But then again, if we don't play again for almost another week, then I can understand better. (Don't know the scheduling). Second, I know for sure I would have bunted when we got 2 on and no outs in the fourth. I also know for sure, hindsight is 20-20.
Finally, if LU wasn't in the tournament, you couldn't pay me to watch it. I really dislike those choreographed cheers from the dugout, by any team. It is almost as hard to watch as the NBA. :shock: 8)
Hopefully we can pull out game 2 and win the regional. Either way it goes, I am really proud of this team and look forward to next year.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
I’ve always hated that when it happens in baseball too. Don’t watch strike 3 go by when the game is on the line. Give yourself a chance and swing.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We were not ready to hit . 3 or 4 players looked lost at the plate. Our slappers need to bunt instead of trying to slap.

Other than our 3 hits, I believe we only hit one other ball good. And NEVER take a called 3rd strike to end game. NEVER

May be time to change batting order around, especially 3 spot.
By Jonathan Carone
Whatever Dot did in game 1 with the pitcher, it would’ve been questioned had we lost. There are two schools of thought going into that and neither is wrong.

As for bunting in the 4th - if you did that you’d be taking the bat out of your best hitter who was hitting .500 for the weekend. She struck out so it’s easy to second guess it but you’ve gotta let that girl hit there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:No, he usually writes about how the umpires are squeezing the strike zone against us.
On that note that umps strike zone was all over the place. I even googled "college softball strikezone" at one point.

It was inconsistent on both sides so I can't really complain about it. He must've been tired. Haha
ballah09 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We are not hitting,
I feel like you write that in every game thread. Must be a trend.
For the first time in 20 games it resulted in a loss. A broken clock and what not.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Whatever Dot did in game 1 with the pitcher, it would’ve been questioned had we lost. There are two schools of thought going into that and neither is wrong.

As for bunting in the 4th - if you did that you’d be taking the bat out of your best hitter who was hitting .500 for the weekend. She struck out so it’s easy to second guess it but you’ve gotta let that girl hit there.
Agree with the first part for sure. I still would have bunted in the 4th, regardless of who was at bat, based on how the SC pitcher was throwing. A run there would have been YUGE.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Had it been any other hitter I would agree with you 100%. That’s the one girl I would’ve let swing there.
If it would have still been 0-0, I would have let her hit too. Not a huge deal either way. Dot has done a great job during the season, hard to second-guess her.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
:BS call at second. It doesn't have to stay in the glove. She had control of the ball, the whole time. I know I am prejudiced, but it looked pretty clear-cut to me. You don't make that call as an umpire, he didn't have a perfect look at it, which I think you have to have to make that call.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Two on with no outs and no score, AGAIN. Story of today is poor RISP hitting. We survived it the first two days. Not so today.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Disappointing end to this tournament. Had everything going for us and really kind of blew it today. Oh well, still a great season and props to the team.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I must confess I don’t know much about softball but I do know that Libertying is still a thing.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]