The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUDad wrote:Bulletin board material. USC has already penciled themselves into the super regional against a team TBA.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-softbl/sched/
Tell me you got a screenshot. It's down.

Edit: maybe not, the direct link just wasn't working for me
It's still there on their schedule but it's not a big deal. Just giving the date and place for the super Regional in the event they make it. They also have the WCWS on there. I''ve seen other teams do it.
By Jonathan Carone
flamehunter wrote:So how did we end up being the home team in today's game? Thought the higher seed got that.
If it’s like baseball, they rotate whoever hasn’t been a home team to keep it as equal as possible.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
SC hits walk off 2 run homer for win. The Hofstra pitcher was too hyped up with 2 outs and walked tying run on base. Then gave up 2 run homer. Coach came out to calm her down before homer, but did not succeed . Tough loss for Hofstra.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Lu plays South Carolina AT South Carolina? That’s so not fair
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:Lu plays South Carolina AT South Carolina? That’s so not fair
Twice(maybe three times) in two days.

I am really thankful we are on the winners side of the bracket. They've played three games to our two this weekend.
By LUDad
Those SC players seem llike they are swinging for the fences every at bat. I think that works into DiMartino's hands but I can see why they hit so many homes this season.

Interesting stat. South Carolina has lost 3 games at home this year. Two of those three have been by BS schools (Liberty & Campbell).
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
As far as level of competition, was beating South Carolina bigger than beating Baylor in football?
Cider Jim wrote:As far as level of competition, was beating South Carolina bigger than beating Baylor in football?
I think football was the larger upset as there was greater disparity between the two. We are a top 30 team beating a top 10 team in softball. Baylor is a top 50 team that got beat by a 120's team.
By LUDad
Just a thought but If, if, if, everything were to fall into place, does LU have an opportunity to host a Super Regional?

If 3rd seeded Old Miss in the Tempe Regional were to beat No. 8 National Seed Arizona State twice today and 3nd seeded LU were to beat USC today, two 3-seeded regional winners will be pared against each other in the Super Regional. Who would host? Would the NCAA bid-out the regional?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Ole Miss would host because they would have beat 8 seed and us a 9 seed, overall.

I was told by one of LU players that some behind the scene deals are taking place to try to get Atlantic Sun tournament at LU in 2019.

The Columbia newspaper had one sentence on yesterday's LU win this morning.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
In baseball, the NCAA does bid out the Super-Regionals. But as long as both bids are reasonable, they higher seed usually is granted the host status. I would assume the same goes for softball. But I have been wrong plenty of times before.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Just to clarify how dramatic SC's win over Hofstra was, they were DOWN 4-3 and one out away from elimination with a runner on first and 2 outs when they hit the game-winning HR. Same girl Julia struck out to end the game when we played them.
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote:Just to clarify how dramatic SC's win over Hofstra was, they were DOWN 4-3 and one out away from elimination with a runner on first and 2 outs when they hit the game-winning HR. Same girl Julia struck out to end the game when we played them.
I just knew they were going to hit a three run homer against us to win. That’s the Liberty way.

Glad I was wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Raining now. I believe there is NCAA rule that says regional tournaments must be completed NLT 11:00 on Sunday.

Game gets rained out, we are regional champions.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Raining now. I believe there is NCAA rule that says regional tournaments must be completed NLT 11:00 on Sunday.

Game gets rained out, we are regional champions.
The forecast has the thunderstorms ending around 8pm. Say the game starts around 8:30-9 and they get a game in and the series ends in a tie, who advances?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

At 6'9" I wouldn't be surprised if he were th[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]