The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The overall demeanor is because I’m sure many penciled LU into Supers once they beat USC the first time. It’s understandable too. In the history of this format, the 2-0 team has advanced to Supers 90% of the time. But the 10% was written for Liberty.

I felt miserable after it was over. But that’s the emotion of fandom.

History was made this weekend, with the program’s first-ever NCAA tourney wins. No need to get greedy, fans.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Next season we need to play several SEC schools, throughout the season. Including last week of regular season.
That might be more plausible now that LU's RPI will be better. No SEC school wants to play a 2xx RPI school at the end of the season and take a chance of affecting their RPI, which affects their chance of hosting. Also, some didn't want to play knowing it was probably going to be 5 innings, which in the past was the case many times. Last season changed who was willing to play LU, just look who was on the schedule this year. Next years schedule is going to get changed around due to the conference change, but, it is still going to be very challenging... also, the A-Sun is much deeper in softball than the big south.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, the conference change alone will make up a chunk of the difference.

There’s a movement among many college coaches not to play the power softball schools because that’s the only way they get wins, a la Missouri.
By CarolinaBlue
Timely hitting, could have helped. I believe consistent hitting has to improve to compete at that level. Just look at most of the scores posted across the country. Our best hitter hit .200 for the week. Defense and Pitching held up all week. The last inning of the last game was a little ugly. Overall a great year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If my memory is correct we hit .208 as a team, with only 2 players over .300 (Via at .333 and Autumn Bishop at .308.

Our short game was basically MIA, except for 1 or 2 stolen bases. I though we should have bunted for base hit more.
By LUDad
USC was 25-2 at home this year during regular season playing a strong SEC schedule. They out-scored their opponents at home 156-56. We were outscored 8-3 which included a 4 run 6th inning off a pitcher who had already pitched almost 3 and a half games over 3 days. I think it was a great effort.
By CentFla
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:USC was 25-2 at home this year during regular season playing a strong SEC schedule. They out-scored their opponents at home 156-56. We were outscored 8-3 which included a 4 run 6th inning off a pitcher who had already pitched almost 3 and a half games over 3 days. I think it was a great effort.
That's why I was hoping for Hoftsra. The crowd was a factor, as it should be. That's why hosting is so important. In game 1 of the championship, If that rise ball that got hit over rises 1" more and if Amber's ball is 3' higher, it's a different ball game. But, it didn't... so, there is next year! :D
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]